The Government Health and Safety Solutions operation is seeking a Sr Java developer in the Windsor Mill area of Baltimore, MD.
The Java Developer will have extensive experience supporting enterprise solutions. The candidate will provide direction on solution design, and possess the ability to document, communicate, and implement the designs patterns they utilize. The candidate will write technical white papers and document the design of proposed and new systems, as well as reverse engineering existing systems. The candidate will contribute to the design, participate in development, maintenance, and continued support of computer/network operating system and other system software.
The candidate will communicate verbally and through clear written form progress on all work, including providing status on work activities, providing technical support, responding to issues, generating meaningful reports, and other deliverables to convey progress and plans for continued advancements.
Master’s degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, with minimum 6 years of relevant professional experience or Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, with minimum 8 years of relevant professional experience.
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills to present ideas and concepts effectively
- Experience with complex programming, program debugging, data analysis, problem analysis and resolution issues within OO application systems
- Expert core Java developer having expertise in JEE technologies, JSP, EJB 3.0, JMS, IBM MQ, JDBC and WebSphere.
- Experience with MVC Frameworks such as Struts version v2 and ORM frameworks such as JPA.
- Experience with Web Services Technologies, Security and SSL using Apache Axis, JAXWS, SOAP and RESTful web services.
- Experience developing Web Services using Spring Boot.
- Experience with application containerization using Redhat OpenShift.
- Experience with version control software such as Git/Bitbucket.
- Experience with development tools such as Rational Application Developer and Maven.
- Experience working in an Agile CI/CD environment.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Development
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.