Leidos is currently seeking Director Technical of Technical Accounting to join a dynamic, multi-national Company with a key role on the Corporate Controller Team in Reston – VA.
We are looking for an energetic, team player with an expansive background in technical accounting topics including in revenue recognition, accounting for leases, asset impairment (goodwill and intangible assets), business combinations, divestitures and other complex technical accounting matters gained through public and corporate accounting experiences. This is a highly visible and impactful position working directly with and giving direction to both internal (e.g., Group CFOs and their teams) and external resources.
In this role, you will lead the Accounting Policy team and be responsible for policy determination, providing guidance to internal customers on accounting for complex transactions and related financial reporting.
You will support key business partners by providing relevant guidance during deal structuring, and reliable information on a timely basis. You must be able to collaborate with key stakeholders and bring transparency into both the determination of required accounting treatment and implementation of the technical accounting conclusions.
Additional responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Develop, administer and advise on Company accounting policies
- Work actively with external vendors and auditors to ensure that company revenue recognition interpretation and internal revenue guidance are consistent and compliant with GAAP and all technical pronouncements
- Provide ad hoc analysis of and guidance on accounting issues
- Develop framework for implementation of the new accounting standards which includes: timeline for evaluation of the impact of the new accounting standards to the Company and implementation, model for dual tracking, and SOX compliant controls
- Provide leadership across finance to grow and mentor junior staff and group Finance teams through internal trainings both formal and informal for both revenue and other technical matters
- Actively participate in monthly and quarterly close activities including monthly reconciliations of all revenue, and deferred revenue accounts
- Review the groups Estimates at Completion (EACs)
- Support the Controller team with special projects and workflow process improvements
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university and at least 12 years of experience in accounting field.
- Prior experience working in public accounting from a large national firm and/or Big 4 public accounting experience
- 6+ years’ experience managing complex revenue arrangements and/or long-term percent of completion type contracts is required
- CPA required
- Analytical minded person with ability to understand overall business operations able to quickly pinpoint areas to focus on
- Self-directed with proven ability to research complex issues, work independently, and multi-task several projects efficiently
- Strong focus on process improvements
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal (including public speaking skills)
- Problem solving and strategizing capabilities
- Deltek/Costpoint experience
- Government Contracting experience
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.