Marketing Coordinator – Hawai‘i Energy program
Leidos is seeking for a Marketing Coordinator who will be an integrated team sharing Hawai‘i Energy’s offerings with the public and ensuring consistent messaging and branding of the Hawai‘i Energy program. The Assistant will support the planning, execution and tracking of marketing initiatives – including producing collateral pieces, digital platform content, and community outreach efforts – and work to increase brand awareness and participation in line with the overall team strategy and goals.
This ideal candidate will possess strong organizational, creative, critical thinking and communication skills (both written and verbal), particularly in the areas of event coordination and branding, and be passionate about helping Hawai‘i achieve its clean energy goals. Candidates should be comfortable working in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment balancing several projects at once, and have a strong sense of team and collaborative spirit. Hawai‘i Energy has
• Support Marketing & Communications team in implementing and tracking multi-channel promotional campaigns to launch/boost rebate offers, recruit attendees for events, and drive overall participation in Hawai‘i Energy’s services.
o Will involve: producing email campaigns, and social media/website content; capturing videos and photos; creating layouts for brochures, flyers, web pages, etc.
• Plan, execute and evaluate Hawai‘i Energy’s presence at community outreach events, including industry trade shows, expos, conferences, fairs, etc. Work across teams to coordinate staffing, logistics, and payment processing.
• Coordinate production of creative pieces for advertising partnerships and sponsorship', including custom collateral, signage, ad artwork, and promotional items
o Will involve: working with creative agency and outside vendors on production, obtaining quotes and ensuring proper delivery of items
• Serve as brand ambassador for Hawai‘i Energy, ensuring that all public-facing communications adhere to Hawai‘i Energy brand standards
• Support marketing initiatives related to Hawai‘i Energy’s Clean Energy Ally network, including the Co-op Advertising* offer and producing contractor marketing materials as needed
• Other duties as assigned
*Co-op advertising is a program in which Hawai‘i Energy subsidizes the cost of advertising for participating contractors in exchange for co-branding the ads.
• Requires a Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communication, Business or related field and 2 – 4 years or a Masters with less than 2 years of prior relevant experience in marketing, advertising, public relations, community outreach and/or event planning
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
• Expertise in social media and digital video platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Vimeo, LinkedIn)
• Excellent organizational, writing and communication skills (writing/creative samples may be requested)
• Support Hawai‘i Energy’s mission and passion for energy, sustainability and community service work in Hawai‘i
• Strong commitment to professionalism and upholding Hawai‘i Energy core values
• Comfortable collaborating in a fast-paced, dynamic environment where multi-tasking will be required
• Proficiency in Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator
• Experience with website content management systems
• Excellent organizational skills with attention to detail
• Basic knowledge of Hawai‘i Energy program and energy issues in Hawai‘i
About Hawai‘i Energy
For 10 years, Hawai‘i Energy has empowered island families and businesses to make smart energy choices by educating them about the many, lasting benefits of clean energy. Our marketing & communications team is a group of dynamic, close-knit, experienced professionals who provide fresh and effective ways to encourage the adoption of energy-saving equipment and behaviors, and educate the public on the importance of reducing energy waste.
Our team members are committed to our mission and supporting Hawai‘i’s goal to achieve 100% clean energy by 2045, which has led to Hawai‘i Energy being named one of Hawai‘i’s Best Places To Work® in 2018 and 2019. The Hawai‘i Energy program is administered by Leidos, Inc. under a contract with the Hawai‘i Public Utilities Commission.
Leidos is a Fortune 500 science and technology solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 32,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $7.04 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2016. For more information, visit www.leidos.com
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Marketing Communications
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.