The Government Health and Safety Solutions Operations is seeking a Database developer and database modeler to support a program for the FDA in Baltimore, MD.
The Systems for Inspections, Recalls, Compliance Enforcement (SIRCE) and Imports program supports the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Office of Regulatory Affairs’ (ORA) critical work to safeguard the foods, drugs, devices, biologics, and veterinary products that the Agency regulates. These systems continue to evolve to meet emerging business needs and to support new mandates and initiatives. It is important to analyze and implement advances in technologies that will improve efficiency and performance leading to greater user satisfaction and reducing the cost of operations and maintenance (O&M). Effort is underway to develop state of the art applications that can be used on various platforms and to retire some of the legacy systems with modern and efficient application, including FDA systems for Electronic Inspections
Specific roles & responsibilities for the lead Database Development and modeler position include but are not limited to the following:
- Leading a diverse team of 2-3 database administrators, developers and testers
- Coordinate and facilitate workload across the team identifying issues, risks, and technical solutions for the eNSpect solution including interfaces with other product teams, and developing alternative solutions for changing requirements
- Provide estimates for workload for planning purposes for proposals, release planning
- Ensure a balance of workload for the team including implementation of technical solutions
- Work closely with Product Team Lead, Product Team Business Analysts, Product Team Software Developers and Product Team Database Team to develop and maintain data models for all functional requirements.
- Work closely with FDA Product Owners and other stakeholders to discuss requirements/objectives, prioritize content for each release and help identify solutions for complex requirements
- Work closely with FDA technical and business stakeholders to review design/architecture data models and supporting scripts at bi-weekly workshop meetings
- Collaboration with the SIRCE/Imports Office of Architecture and Engineering (OAE) to ensure that the data models and technical approach for the Product Team is implemented correctly and in accordance with the program's architectural direction
- Coordination with other Product Team leads (business analyst, development, and test) on the SIRCE/Imports program and External Teams to track/monitor risks and schedule dependencies
- Support daily scrum meetings for the data base team and support team scrums
- Lead reviews and inspections of data models and incorporate comments
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with 15 years or more of professional experience; or 10 years of professional experience with a related Masters' degree. Considered an expert, authority in discipline.
- Minimal 10 years technical hands on experience with Oracle, SQL, queries, Database solutions and architecture, ETL solutions and trouble shooting in a production environment
- Minimal 8 years technical hands on experience with Database upgrades, migrations, data refresh plans and implementation
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to represent the eNSpect SW team in leading and implementing changes using the Engineering Review board and Database change processes established on the program
- ERWIN data modeling experience with at least 3 years hands on experience developing and maintaining/updating logical and physical data models
Proven experience working on complex software engineering projects, including experience throughout the full software development lifecycle
- Proven experience with leading and coordinating inspections of products
- Proven experience with PL/SQL scripts to provide database updates in multiple environments including development, test, pre-production and production
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of Agile software development methodology
- Previous experience working directly with Government customers to discuss objectives
- Demonstrated problem solving skills
- Demonstrated experience multi-tasking and handling multiple competing priorities
-Demonstrated initiative to work on multiple models concurrently and ability to work other technical assignments during non-peak work times
- Prior experience with HP ALM, JIRA, Crucible, SharePoint, Confluence
- Hands-on experience with Informatica
- Prior experience with the FDA customer or related customer (in a Health systems technology area)
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Database Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.