As part of an Agile Team, this role designs, develops, and maintains software applications using a tailored SAFe Agile DevSecOps Scrum process. This role designs, develops, documents, tests and debugs ServiceNow software. This position determines computer user needs; analyzes systems capabilities to resolve problems on program intent, output requirements, input data acquisition, and programming techniques and controls. The ServiceNow Software Engineer prepares operating instructions and ensures software standards are met. Develops solutions to routine technical problems of limited scope.
- Participate in software programming initiatives to support innovation and enhancement, using Java, Hibernate, SpringBootDeveloping and directing software system validation and testing methods using Junit and Katalon
- This position determines computer user needs; analyzes systems capabilities to resolve problems on program intent, output requirements, input data acquisition, and programming techniques and controls.
- The ServiceNow Software Engineer prepares operating instructions and ensures software standards are met.
- Capable of SQL authoring and data modeling.
- Develops solutions to routine technical problems of limited scope.
- Use of industry leading tools like GitHub, Jenkins, Unix bash scripting
- Perform systems software development, including deployment of build artifacts across different environments leverage GitFlow constructs
- Communicate updates to team members and work effectively in a team.
- Taking guidance from superiors and team would execute project plans. Leverage Atlassian tool suite like JIRA and Confluence to track activities
Candidate must have Bachelors with2- 4 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with less than 2 years of prior relevant experience.
Candidate must have an active TS/SCI with polygraph.
Service Desk experience
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:Yes
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.