Leidos has an opening for a Space-based Infrared System (SBIRS) Engineer to support SMC/ECP system sustainment. Position is located in Colorado Springs; primary work location will be Peterson AFB. Requires active DoD Secret security clearance - candidates without clearance will not be considered.
- This work involves sustaining a mobile ground terminal to include communications equipment, data processing equipment and power distribution.
- The position will be responsible to select new and update existing ground segment satellite communications equipment in a net-centric environment.
- Modernization efforts require the candidate to assess equipment capabilities and interfaces and select equipment to meet mission requirements.
- The mobile mission will require troubleshooting of interrelated communications and data processing systems to quickly and efficiently return hardware to service.
- The position is part of a team responsible for modifications to a ground-based communications system and developing the engineering effort from Preliminary Design Review through Critical Design Review and installation and check out. In addition, this team will support updating technical data to include engineering drawings, technical orders and interface control documents.
- Requires a Bachelor’s in engineering degree in relevant subject area and plus 4+ years of experience in a related field.
- Relevant skill areas include, but are not limited to: ability to work independently, develop engineering drawings, ability to identify technical data needs and estimate required resources to complete changes.
- Experience troubleshooting communications and data processing equipment.
- The ability to communicate and sometimes lead engineering and configuration management staffs.
- Requires an active DoD Secret Clearance or higher to start
- Two years recent experience with space system sustainment.
- Familiarity with SBIRS or DSP systems and Air Force technical Orders (TO).