Leidos has an opening for an Enterprise Service Desk Manager to manage and coordinate the handling of incidents, problems, and requests for a U.S. Government organization with a broad geographical footprint and complex customer support challenges for a highly mobile workforce.
The successful candidate will bring significant experience managing the full life cycle of all incidents, problems, and service requests including fulfillment, verification, and closure across a multi-tiered service desk.
This position is based in St. Louis, MO. Must be U.S. citizen and possess an active Secret clearance.
• Manage and operate a 24/7/365 enterprise service desk for receipt and triage of initial user contacts and serve as the primary Leidos POC for all Enterprise Service Desk related matters.
• Provide direction for investigating, resolving, documenting, and reporting all incidents in the ITSM system.
• Develop and maintain Service Desk roles and responsibilities, process flows, knowledge base, and reporting mechanisms.
• Employ ITSM best practices to identify and implement opportunities for continual service improvement
• Provide regular reports to management and customers documenting relevant metrics.
• Define, manage and maintain SLAs.
• Manage and integrate the services of subcontractors and vendors
• Supervise employees including hiring, training, assignments, assessments, counseling, and discipline/ termination.
• Support program reviews and briefings; identify and report on issues or related problems and potential risks.
• 10+ years of prior relevant IT experience, including 5+ years as a service desk manager or team lead.
• Demonstrated experience managing a 24/7/365 service desk that supports 40,000 or more users.
• Demonstrated experience with ITSM suites such as BMC Remedy and ServiceNow.
• Demonstrated experience creating custom workflows for ITSM suites such as BMC Remedy and ServiceNow.
• Demonstrated experience implementing service improvement processes.
• ITIL v3 or v4 Foundation certification
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Demonstrated experience supporting classified environments.
• ITIL v3 Service Operations Intermediate certification.
• At least one additional ITIL v3 Intermediate certification.
• One or more Help Desk Institute (HDI) certifications, preferably HDI Support Center Manager (HDI-SCM).
• One relevant Microsoft certification such Microsoft 365 Certified: Modern Desktop Administrator or Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA)
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE: Requires a BA/BS or equivalent experience and 8+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6+ years of prior relevant experience. Generally has 4+ years of experience supervising or leading teams or projects.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Customer Support
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.