Leidos is seeking Software Developers who are ready to move beyond their entry level position and build a career with our growing and dynamic team located in Aberdeen MD with operations located at Aberdeen Proving Ground. This position will elevate skills and experiences to support software solutions and services for platforms essential in maintaining readiness for today’s modern platform sensor systems including:
- Biometric Automated Toolset Army (BAT-A)
- Guardrail Common Sensor (GRCS)
- Enhanced Medium Altitude Reconnaissance and Surveillance System (EMARSS)
- Small Tactical Radar Lightweight (STARLite)
In this role you will design, develop and maintain software for a variety of engineering applications. Work with analysts to understand the analytic or interface requirements as well as develop tools and interfaces. Design, develop, and test operating systems-level software, compilers, and network distribution software applications. Set operational specifications and formulate & analyze software requirements. Design embedded systems software. Key tasks include sprint development and execution support; SW development (code/unit test); unit integration and test.
- Requires an active DoD Secret security clearance with eligibility for Top Secret.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or relevant engineering discipline; additional experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- 2-4 years of functional software experience with C/C#/C++ and/or Java; Linux OS; additional relevant training and advanced degree can be substituted for years of experience.
- Understanding and experience in the complete life-cycle of the software in military systems.
- ADA code base development/understanding a strong plus.
- Familiarity with CECOM Software Engineering Center Post Deployment Software Support (PDSS) & Post Production Software Support (PPSS) processes a plus.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Development
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.