Leidos currently has an immediate opening for Facility/Program Security Manager, supporting multiple US Navy programs located Bethesda, MD. Leidos’ High Fidelity Simulation Business Area is responsible for architecting and implementing large-scale System of Systems solutions in support of world class simulation, training, and analysis products for the US Navy. We are looking for an energetic, motivated, independent, self starter for a challenging position supporting a dynamic organization that develops and produces state of the art, secure, training and simulation systems. This position requires US citizenship and an active DoD Top Secret security clearance.
This position is responsible for the management of security for a US Government development and production facility at the Naval Surface Warfare Center – Carderock Division, in Bethesda, MD. This position will interact with US Government personnel for the handling of all facilities and program security related requirements. Candidate should be thoroughly familiar with Department of Defense and National Industrial Security Program (NISPOM). This position will participate in security assessments and will directly interface with customer and government security representatives. This position will manage an experienced Leidos security team consisting of two security officers and several security specialists. This position will back up the security officer, and backup the Leidos facility security officer on-site at a Leidos facility in Bethesda, MD. Candidate will perform at least the following tasks:
- Provide subject matter expertise, in the constantly evolving security domain, to customer and Leidos program management personnel.
- Develop and or update facility and program standard operating procedures to allow the team to remain compliant with current and future security rules and regulations.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the team’s current security posture. Prepare for and participate in security audits conducted by government personnel.
- Conduct security education and training including refresher training
- Manage the effort to maintain accountability of classified documents for program personnel, receiving and transmitting large volumes of classified media, and other document control tasks.
- Oversee classification markings and bibliography development.
- Assist the security officer with periodic inventories.
- Be the line manager for the security team, oversee the team’s effort and work product, provide guidance and counseling to team members to achieve their work objectives, and conduct performance reviews for team members
Education and Years of Experience:
- BA/BS degree, preferably related to security, cyber security, or information assurance, and 8+ years of prior relevant experience.
Required Experience and Skills:
- Must have past experience with, and demonstrate the skills and capabilities to successfully execute the duties and responsibilities of this position
- Must have solid knowledge of the NISPOM, and have direct experience in a DCID and/or NISPOM environment. Must be familiar with the proper procedures for handling of classified information and CUI. Must have a general understanding of JPAS.
- Must be able to maintain control of a large inventory of classified electronic items.
- Must be able to provide facility and program subject matter expertise as part of a cross-domain security team.
- Must be willing to take on any security related task that arises, and plan and coordinate actions with Leidos and government personnel.
- Must demonstrate exceptional attention to detail, and be able to guide a team to be compliant with all security requirements, in the most efficient way possible.
- Must be committed to customer service, well organized, able to plan and prioritize assignments, able to effectively handle multiple tasks simultaneously, and able to deal with conflicting customer requirements. Must be able to develop relationships with customer personnel and gain their trust.
- Must demonstrate a general commitment to excellence, a dedication to producing quality work results, and an ability to learn and apply new skills.
- Must be a flexible, positive and energetic team player, be able to work in a fast paced environment and adapt to changes in tasking, be able to work with minimal supervision, be courteous and professional when interacting with colleagues and customers, demonstrate a solid ability to identify and solve problems, plan and prioritize personal tasking, effectively communicate verbally and in writing, and be able to work successfully in a team environment
- Exposure to or experience in cyber security, information assurance, and/or physical security
- System administrator and/or Linux script development experience
- Familiarity with Jira, Confluence, Portfolio, Service Desk, and MS Project
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.