The Health Group is seeking a Data Modeler/Developer as part of a software development organization that will work in Agile teams to support the FDA SIRCE contract. This position will be onsite in our office in Baltimore, MD.
The SIRCE program supports the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Office of Regulatory Affairs (ORA) critical work to safeguard the foods, drugs, devices, biologics, and veterinary products that the Agency regulates. The program is split into two investments – Systems for Inspections, Recalls, Compliance Enforcement (SIRCE) and Imports.
Specific roles and responsibilities for this position include: creating and maintaining logical data models for existing databases, documenting data rules, assisting in database design and modeling, recommending data quality management procedures, establishing and maintaining data governance, and working as a database developer as required to support the team.
BS and 4 – 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2 – 6 years of prior relevant experience. Experience may be substituted in lieu of degree.
- Demonstrate critical thinking, analytical skills, and employ judgment to offer thoughtful, concise input toward resolutions of problems
- Be able to translate data requirements into business processes and reverse engineer business processes into data requirements
- Advanced competency in microservice architecture and functional programming in modern languages
- Comprehension of DevOps and Agile development and application to data centric architecture and solutions
- Experienced in Business Process modeling
- Leadership skills needed to successfully promote ideas, coordinate work activities, and plan deliverables within a project team.
- Advanced expert database handling languages (Oracle, PLSQL and variants)
- Knowledge of other programming languages and ability to write code (e.g., VBA, python, XML, R)
- Expert in data modeling (physical and logical), ER diagrams, data dictionary, data map, normalize/de-normalize, agile data modeling
- Ability to work independently, meet deadlines and project milestones, and communicate with project team
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in creating and maintaining logical data models
- Ability to read technical documentation (API docs, Language references, etc.)
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Ability to work independently, effectively, and efficiently
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Database Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.