The Civil Group at Leidos currently has an opening for a Network Design Engineer to work in either Greenbelt, Maryland or White Sands Center (WSC), New Mexico. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience helping the Space Exploration Network Services and Evolution (SENSE) mission. In this mission we will support the development of a Lunar Gateway Ground Station.
- Performs operational and/or test environment system monitoring and analysis in order to ensure optimal system availability.
- Assists with operational issues/anomaly resolution within various IT systems and disciplines.
- Manages day-to-day operational positions requirements by assessing and prioritizing multiple tasks, demands, and customer expectations.
- Performs system administration and configuration of a networked, heterogeneous satellite ground system.
- Documents and reports event and resolution tasks, and analyzes system logs.
- Collaborates with Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to restore services and/or identify system issues.
- Periodically supports the integration of new system baselines, as required.
- Provides technical direction for the development of technically complex network engineering products and services and coordinates all appropriate activities.
- Strong network engineering skillset
- Experience with Delay Tolerant Networking (DTN) and Software Defined Networking (SDN)
- Knowledge of NASA network infrastructure (IONet (open and closed), NASCOM, etc.)
This position requires successful completion of a government background check to access government facilities and/or systems. If you are not a United States Citizen or Green Card holder, this check could take 12-18 months to complete.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Network Administration and Ops
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.