The Civil Group at Leidos currently has an opening for a Network Design Engineer to work in either Greenbelt, Maryland or White Sands Center (WSC), New Mexico. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience helping the Space Exploration Network Services and Evolution (SENSE) mission. In this mission we will support the development of a Lunar Gateway Ground Station.
- Develops code in accordance with applicable requirements documentation
- Develops and executes test plans for software system verification and acceptance, and develops required documentation
- Develops systems requirements allocations
- Manages software specifications and analyzes software systems
- Codes software modules
- Supports the integration of hardware and software systems, and generates related documentation
- Provides technical direction for the definition and development of a system or subsystem and coordinates all appropriate engineering activities
- Bachelor's degree and a minimum of 4 years' relevant experience, or Master's degree and a minimum of 2 years' of prior relevant experience.
- Experience with Agile and full stack development
- Prior NASA experience
This position requires successful completion of a government background check to access government facilities and/or systems. If you are not a United States Citizen or Green Card holder, this check could take 12-18 months to complete.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Development
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.