The Civil Group at Leidos currently has an opening for a Systems Engineer to work in either Greenbelt, Maryland or White Sands Center (WSC). This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience helping the Space Exploration Network Services and Evolution (SENSE) mission. In this mission we will support the development of a Lunar Gateway Ground Station.
Lead the Radio Frequency (R/F) engineering activities including the characterization of the existing R/F environment, R/F analysis, and procurement of R/F systems/subsystems which is inclusive of:
- System requirements development and allocation
- Perform and/or direct the analysis, design, fabrication, test and integration of electrical systems for ground system applications
- Interpret system level requirements as they apply to the development of electrical systems and components
- Identify design alternatives and perform trade-off studies, linking budget, sensitivity, reliability, failure mode and worst case analysis to determine the optimum approach for the design, and to predict performance of the system for the expected operational and environmental conditions
- Develop and execute test plans for electronics system verification and acceptance
- Develop operations and maintenance performance of electrical components and systems, and subsequently analyze/interpret the results and prepare summary reports
- Provide technical direction for the definition and development of a technically complex system or subsystem and coordinate all appropriate engineering activities
- Bachelor of Science in electrical engineering, physics, computer science, or mathematics and a minimum of 8 years' experience in the analysis, design and development of electrical and electronic systems.
- Prior experience supporting NASA and/or other Federal Government customers
- Hands-on experience with the test and integration of Ground Data Systems
- Masters degree in engineering, physics, or mathematics
This position requires successful completion of a government background check to access government facilities and/or systems. If you are not a United States Citizen or Green Card holder, this check could take 12-18 months to complete.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Electrical Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.