The Civil Group at Leidos currently has an opening for a Systems Engineer to work in either Greenbelt, Maryland or White Sands Center (WSC), New Mexico. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience helping the Space Exploration Network Services and Evolution (SENSE) mission. In this mission we will support the development of a Lunar Gateway Ground Station.
- Performs system engineering for a system or subsystems using methodologies and techniques appropriate to the engineering discipline; operations concept development.
- Develops operations concepts
- Provides expert advice and support during the entire lifecycle from the specification and analysis of requirements, through the design of the hardware or software, procurement, fabrication, assembly, to integration and test to verify that system requirements have been realized.
- Supports the mission or system
- Develops/identifies interface controls
- Identifies and solves technical problems during all phases
- Develops technical reports and documentation
- Provides technical direction for the definition and development of a system or subsystem and coordinates with all appropriate engineering activities
- Works on unusually complex technical problems and provides solutions that are highly innovative.
- Must be capable of working on dynamic, fast-paced projects that have aggressive schedules
- Requires expertise with requirements development, requirements analysis, and the development of systems engineering-related documents including requirements documents, specifications, interface control documents, and validation & verification plans.
- Requires understanding of Agile system engineering methods/approaches, Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) methods/approaches, and Near Earth Network (NEN) and Deep Space Network (DSN)
- Requires prior experience with leading trade studies associated with ground station development
- 12-15 years of experience in the analysis, design, and development of ground systems
- Bachelors of Science degree in electrical engineering, physics, computer science, or mathematics
- Experience working with multiple NASA entities
- Masters degree in engineering, physics, computer science, mathematics, or related technical field
- Prior experience with NASA programs and projects
This position requires successful completion of a government background check to access government facilities and/or systems. If you are not a United States Citizen or Green Card holder, this check could take 12-18 months to complete.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.