The Leidos Intelligence Division in Annapolis Junction, MD is seeking a Principal Software Developer to support one of our highly visible prime contracts. This position requires an active TS/SCI Polygraph security clearance.
PROGRAM SUMMARY: Do you enjoy being a part of small teams that work closely with the customer? Does big data pique your interest? Our Prototype Development Support program is looking for candidates with a strong mission focus to do new development and rapid prototyping. Someone who can figure out smarter, better ways to discover new targets or support mission analysis.
As a Principal Software Engineer, you will be part of a team that will be developing new ways to look at data and augment data stored in the corporate repositories. You will be the primary developer, working with a team of SMEs and data scientists focusing heavily on TECHSIGINT using analytics. This team will be responsible for bringing together data in disparate systems and providing a central location for access and enriching the corporate datastore.
- BS Degree and 12 years of general experience in computer science, computer engineering, mathematics, or a related discipline. Additional experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- At least five years of experience in software-intensive projects and programs for government or industry customers.
- At least five years of the experience must have been as a software engineer supporting software architecture development, requirement analysis, process execution and evaluation, selection, and evaluation of COTS/GOTS tools, and integration (with both new and existing systems).
- Strong experience in Java and Map/Reduce.
- Experience in the customer MASH environment.
- Experience with Gitlab
- Demonstrated experience in an Agile Development environment
- Some knowledge of TECHSIGINT is desirable.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, team environment.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Development
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.