Leidos has an opening for a Network Operations Manager to manage and operate a 24/7/365 network operations center (NOC) for enterprise network monitoring; incident escalation and response; and maintenance and upgrade activities for a U.S. Government organization with a broad geographical footprint and complex service delivery requirements. The successful candidate will bring significant experience in network administration, operations, and maintenance
This position is based in St. Louis, MO. Must be U.S. citizen and possess an active Secret clearance.
- Active Secret clearance
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in computer science, engineering or related field
- 8+ years’ experience in network administration, operations, and maintenance
- 3+ years of experience supervising or leading network admin teams
- Experience supporting and maintaining a classified network
- Experience configuring/maintaining routers/switches/firewalls
- Experience in Computer Network Defense (CND) tools, policies, procedures, and regulations and vulnerability/ patch management
- Experience managing Tier 1 and Tier II network operations
- Experience configuring and operating network monitoring tools such as SolarWinds, OpenNMS, and PRTG
- Experience in automatic network asset and topology discovery
- Knowledge of defense-in-depth principles, network/HW/SW security architecture, network topology, IT device integrity, and common security elements
- Working knowledge of the ITIL framework and best practices
- Experienced and adept at developing and maintaining technical documents, analyses, and reports.
- Experience presenting briefings to senior customer management, customer stakeholders, and company management
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of network protocols such as TCP/IP, Dynamic Host Configuration, Domain Name System (DNS), and directory services.
- Knowledge of network design processes, to include understanding of security objectives, operational objectives, and trade-offs
- Knowledge of physical and logical network devices and infrastructure to include hubs, switches, routers, firewalls, etc.
- Master’s degree from an accredited college or university in IT, Engineering, or related field
- Ability to obtain a TS clearance, if required
- DoD 8570 IAT/IAM III Certifications such as CAP, CASP, CISSP, CISA, CISM, GCED, GCIH, or GSLC
- Experience establishing and managing a network operations center for a large enterprise
- ITIL v3 or v4 Foundation certification
- One or more ITIL v3 Intermediate certifications, preferably including Service Operations
- Experience managing and supporting voice, video, and wireless services
- Experience implementing and supporting network security monitoring tools
- Experience with enterprises that span Windows, LINUX and cloud technologies
- Networking certifications such as CCIE, CCNP, Juniper Networks Certified Enterprise Routing and Switching-Professional
- Working knowledge of NIST SP 800-37
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Network Administration and Ops
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.