Leidos has an opening for a Network Operations Manager to manage and operate a 24/7/365 network operations center (NOC) for enterprise network monitoring; incident escalation and response; and maintenance and upgrade activities for a U.S. Government organization with a broad geographical footprint and complex service delivery requirements.
The successful candidate will bring significant experience in network administration, operations, and maintenance
This position is based in St. Louis, MO. Must be U.S. citizen and possess an active Secret clearance.
• Manage and operate a 24/7/365 network operations center (NOC) for enterprise network monitoring; incident escalation and response; and maintenance and upgrade activities
• Manage and direct Tier I and II network operations teams in maintaining continuous network monitoring and connectivity and all specified service levels for all data, voice, video, and wireless services delivered across the WAN/LANs to all customer locations
• Support NOC assessment and accreditation (A&A) process
• Manage network monitoring tools, alerts, and escalation processes and procedures for both SBU and Secret networks; identify trends and risks
• Develop and implement processes and procedures to ensure timely troubleshooting and resolution of incidents and outages
• Plan and oversee network installation and maintenance activities; maintain approved network configurations; enforce change control procedures, and support root cause analysis
• Coordinate with the network engineering team on network upgrades/ enhancements and escalated incidents
• Monitor and collect network load and performance statistics
• Lead assigned disaster recovery/COOP planning and testing activities
• Manage distribution and installation of firmware and software patches and ensure that updates to all network devices and software are performed to comply with service levels
• Support procurement of network equipment and software, including specification, receipt, tracking, storing, staging and final equipment disposition
• Ensure that network hardware and software inventories are current and accurate
• Track/maintain/renew all licenses and maintenance contracts
• Plan and implement network security measures and tools, including boundary protection; enforce policies for network and device access rights and permissions
• Manage/ integrate the services of subcontractors and vendors
• Supervise employees including hiring, training, assignments, assessments, counseling, and discipline/ termination.
• Support program reviews and briefings; identify and report on issues or related problems and potential risks.
• 8+ years’ experience in network administration, operations, and maintenance
• 3+ years of experience supervising or leading network admin teams
• Experience supporting and maintaining a classified network
• Experience configuring/maintaining routers/switches/firewalls
• Experience in Computer Network Defense (CND) tools, policies, procedures, and regulations and vulnerability/ patch management
• Experience managing Tier 1 and Tier II network operations
• Experience configuring and operating network monitoring tools such as SolarWinds, OpenNMS, and PRTG
• Experience in automatic network asset and topology discovery
• Knowledge of defense-in-depth principles, network/HW/SW security architecture, network topology, IT device integrity, and common security elements
• Working knowledge of the ITIL framework and best practices
• Experienced and adept at developing and maintaining technical documents, analyses, and reports.
• Experience presenting briefings to senior customer management, customer stakeholders, and company management
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Experience establishing and managing a network operations center for a large enterprise
• ITIL v3 or v4 Foundation certification
• One or more ITIL v3 Intermediate certifications, preferably including Service Operations
• Experience managing and supporting voice, video, and wireless services
• Experience implementing and supporting network security monitoring tools
• Experience with enterprises that span Windows, LINUX and cloud technologies
• Networking certifications such as CCIE, CCNP, Juniper Networks Certified Enterprise Routing and Switching-Professional
• Working knowledge of NIST SP 800-37
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE: Requires a BA/BS or equivalent experience and 8+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6+ years of prior relevant experience. Generally has 4+ years of experience supervising or leading teams or projects.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Network Administration and Ops
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.