The Systems for Inspections, Recalls, Compliance Enforcement (SIRCE) and Imports program supports the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Office of Regulatory Affairs’ (ORA) critical work to safeguard the foods, drugs, devices, biologics, and veterinary products that the Agency regulates. These systems continue to evolve to meet emerging business needs and to support new mandates and initiatives. It is important to respond to customer needs and issues. The Online Developer position supports the eNSpect development team in developing a Software solution for inspections for customers.
Specific roles & responsibilities for the Java ASP Online SW Development position include but not limited to the following:
- Development of code using Oracle ADF, Developer 11g,12c
- Responding to defects from production system
- Leadership and oversight of workload and assignments for other SW developers
- Excellent briefing skills and communication skills with customers and team
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate across the program with other product teams
- Experience with upgrades of Weblogic, Oracle that have impacts on developed code
- Demonstrated ability to analyze code, determine areas for improvements, drive process improvements for the team that include (but not limited to): automated unit testing implementation, implementation of SW quality initiatives and use of tools such as SonarQube, JUNIT, JIRA
- Understanding of SW libraries and code merge techniques
- Performing code inspections
- Collaboration with the Business Analysts, test team and leads
- Documentation for customer deliverables
- Update of assigned tasks in ALM
- Ability to very quickly ramp up to understand code, provide updates, design inputs, interfaces to other applications within the eNSpect solution (Offline and Oracle DB interfaces)
- Follow software development methodology and architecture standards
- Participate in design, code, test inspections throughout the life cycle to identify issues/defects and participate in other meetings such as use case creation technical interchanges
- Formally document issues and defects and support resolution of these until closed
- Develop estimates for design and implementation based on a level of effort and relative sizing (small, medium, large) depending on complexity of the requirements
- Conduct manual and automated unit testing
BS degree in CS, IT, EE or related SW development discipline
Master’s degree preferred in CS
- Min least 8 years SW Development experience and programming with Java, Oracle ADF and/or related SW languages
- Min least 4 years working experience with Oracle ADF and associated Design Patterns
- Ability to Analyze, design, develop and implement J2EE-based internet, multi-tier Client/Server and Intranet applications with at least 4 years directly related experience
- Self-starter with demonstrated experience in effectively reviewing and analyzing existing code base and determining areas for improvement for future enhancements
- Ability to Translate use-case requirements, technical specifications and designs into code for new or enhancement projects for clients
- Ability to Design and implement a high performance service model based on legacy and new requirements
- Ability to Implement solutions using Oracle Fusion Middleware technologies such as WebLogic, OSB and ADF
- Experience working in an Agile Work Environment and knowledge of scrums and sprints
- Agile development experience
- Code inspection experience
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to clearly articulate key technical concepts and ideas.
- Ability to work well in a team environment spanning multiple locations.
- Ability to work independently and with a team
- JUNIT experience to support unit testing
- Working knowledge of ALM (workload tracking)
- Working knowledge of JIRA (production ticket system)
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Development
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.