The Leidos Innovation Center has an opening for a Laboratory Logistician to join a high-performance team performing leading edge applied research and development (R&D) in electro-optical technology. The work being done by our engineers and scientists requires thousands of items of high tech equipment, software, and supplies to be procured, managed, and reported on. The majority of the work will be performed at Wright Patterson Air Force Base (WPAFB).
- Work in a dynamic, fast-paced collaborative environment
- Maintain a laboratory equipment database, developed in Microsoft Access, to include adding of new equipment as purchased, generation of inventory reports, and modifying/correcting entries as needed
- Accept and track status of new shipments, tag new equipment, and appropriately complete necessary acceptance forms
- Obtain necessary approvals for new software to be installed on government computers
- Oversee annual inventory
- Check in/out and track incoming and outgoing equipment used for field testing and other purposes
- Make process and form improvements as warranted
- Ensure compliance with FARS and DFARS regarding GFE
- An active security clearance, and ability to obtain a Top Secret clearance
- High school diploma or equivalent and 3 - 5 years of prior relevant experience
- Ability to successfully multi-task, adjust to changing priorities and work effectively under deadlines and work without direct supervision. Must be organized and detail-oriented
- Past experience managing the logistical needs of a high tech organization
- Excellent communication skills and a positive attitude
- Ability to drive often between WPAFB and Leidos' Beavercreek office
- Active Top Secret security clearance
- Bachelor's Degree in an administrative field
External Referral Bonus
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.