Leidos is seeking an engineer to work as a Technical Scrum Master for an unmanned autonomous ship project. This engineer will be joining an existing team which has already successfully delivered for our customers. The successful candidate will focus on connecting with the team, co-operating to help the team focus on making achievable commitments and exceeding them.
As a Technical Scrum Master, you will be responsible for coaching their team, facilitating key agile ceremonies (e.g., daily scrum, code review, spring planning, sprint review, retrospectives, etc.), act as the single point of contact for their team with management and the other Scrum teams on the project, and help the team refine the backlog continuously. In addition, this position will perform technical tasks as part of the team, depending on interests, available time, and what their team needs. This project is technologically heavy, so the ideal candidate will come from an engineering background so that he/she can understand and communicate technical problems in order to help their team break big problems into smaller ones. The Technical Scrum Master will be an integral part of our team, collaborating to work with us to make our unmanned vessels smarter while demonstrating the ability to understand and represent both the business and technology sides. Their team of engineers will present their work regularly for customers and management, gaining exposure and constant feedback as the work done on this project will be frequently demonstrated outside of a simulation environment but in the real world.
Periodic travel may be required within the continental US as part of attending meetings and assisting with testing our unmanned vessels.
- 3-5 years of experience in an Agile Scrum development environment, including experience as a Scrum Master or supporting roles that are part of typical Scrum Master duties, including creating and explaining Scrum Metrics
- 2+ years of experience with C++ development on Linux or Linux cybersecurity
- 3+ years of experience using Jira/Confluence or other Agile project management software
- Bachelor’s Degree in a technical field or equivalent relevant experience
- 4+ years overall experience in software development projects
- Demonstrated experience communicating with both internal team members and customers
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Secret Security Clearance
- Experience with two or more technology areas used on our program, such as Python, Java, C++, system and network administration, or cybersecurity
- Experience with system and/or network administration on a Linux platform
- Exposure to unmanned systems, artificial intelligence
- Experience with test simulation environments
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM) or SAFE Certification
- Active Secret Security Clearance
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.