Leidos has an opening for a Special Security Officer (SSO) at Shaw AFB, SC. The SSO will perform the full range of security duties and assignments in support ACC Wing SCI security programs and will assist in the operation of the special security office and help to administer the SCI security program to include providing SCI security guidance for other local/tenant SCIFs. The candidate will interpret Director of National Intelligence, Defense Intelligence Agency and DoD directives and provide technical advice and guidance on SCI personnel, physical and information security standards.
- Maintain applicable SCI directives, regulations, manuals, and guidelines to adequately discharge SSO duties and responsibilities.
- Ensure SCI is properly accounted for, controlled, transmitted, transported, packaged, and safeguarded.
- Ensure SCI is destroyed by authorized means.
- Ensure SCI is disseminated only to persons authorized access to the material and having an established need-to-know.
- Investigate SCI security infractions, making recommendations to the Chief SSO on site and preparing required reports.
- Maintain continuing liaison, with collateral security officials to ensure both security levels are mission accomplished.
- Conduct SCI personnel, information, physical and technical security (TEMPEST/Technical Surveillance Countermeasures (TSCM) actions.
- Provide all security awareness trainings as required by regulations and requested by the COR.
- Perform all aspects of the SCI Personnel Security Program to include, nomination interviews, validation of SCI access requirements, submission of investigative requests, conduct SCI security briefings; obtain signed Non Disclosure Agreement (NdA) and Non Disclosure Statement (NdS); and perform other related personnel security actions.
- Serve as the official channel for certifying and receiving SCI visitor clearances/accesses.
- Maintain the Joint Personnel Adjudication System (JPAS) to accurately reflect all personnel under their organization.
- Provide guidance and assistance for processing SCI position and eligibility requests.
- Process all derogatory information concerning SCI indoctrinated individuals under their security cognizance and assist commanders and directors with establishment of Security Information Files.
- Assist in providing overall physical security and will ensure that all current and future SCI Facilities (SCIFs) comply with the physical security standards outlined in ICD 705 all other applicable directives and established policies. The contractor shall prepare and revise, as needed, all physical accreditation paperwork, to include the fixed facility checklists.
- Ensure appropriate accreditation documentation is available for each SCIF and under the organization's security cognizance.
- Ensure that each SCIF under their security cognizance conducts annual self-inspections of the security program.
- TS/SCI security clearance on day 1
- Bachelor’s degree & 3-10 years of related experience. *(Experience may be substituted in lieu of degree).
- Must have minimum of six (6) years full-time experience working with SCI in all security disciplines, but specifically in personnel, physical, information and basic information assurance.
- Must have attended and completed a formal SSO certification training and a Sensitive Compartmented Information Facilities (SCIF) physical security course within the last five (5) years.
- Ability to work independently in an operational environment so the contractor must possess knowledge of a full range of security principles, concepts, practices, products and services; methods for evaluating risk and vulnerability; implementing mitigating improvement; and disseminating security procedures/processes.
- Must have a thorough knowledge of Intelligence Community Directives (ICD) 704, ICD 705 and Technical Specifications and DoDM 5105.21, V1 thru V3 and working knowledge of other applicable Director of National Intelligence (DNI), Defense Intelligence Agency (DIA), and USAF directives and regulations.
- Must have the ability to gather facts and use effective analytical and evaluative methods to assess information, plan the sequence of actions necessary, make sound decisions and solve a variety of security problems.
TASK REQUIREMENTS. Candidate shall provide the functional support required to fulfill this task order as described. All contractor personnel shall be able to work autonomously with minimal oversight as well as in conjunction with multiple personnel in the fulfillment of the individual employee’s functions. Must have the ability to gather facts and use effective analytical and evaluative methods to assess information, plan the sequence of actions necessary, make sound decisions and solve a variety of security problems. The candidate shall have a thorough understanding of their respective position, functions, and duties and will assist USAF and other government agencies in the creation and development of SSO documents, PowerPoint presentations, formal messages, background papers, and items of interest, staff summary packages, and other administrative tasks as necessary. Candidate will perform SCI security support functions and have access to JWICS systems located within the SCIF.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.