The role is delivers and supports large scale-network, systems, applications, services, and business activity monitoring and alerting solutions. This position involves the deployment and support of tools used to monitor network, systems, and applications. Individuals will work with team members to gather monitoring requirements from stakeholders and deliver solutions leveraging enterprise monitoring toolsets.
- Work with team to build, redesign, and implement progressive monitoring strategies that meets the evolving requirements.
- Create and drive strategy and standardization of monitoring across the enterprise.
- Collect metrics at the optimal frequency to develop alerting, reporting, and analysis.
- Work with team to put monitoring solutions of critical systems and network infrastructure into place to ensure high availability and reduce impact of issues.
- Create and maintain dashboards pulling together monitoring across multiple teams within the same tool as well as across multiple tools.
- Management of false positives and negatives.
- Stay abreast of the latest monitoring technology and trends.
- Candidate provides support in a Linux or Windows Environment.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE: Requires BS degree and 17 to 22 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 15 - 20 years of prior relevant experience. May possess a Doctorate in technical domain.
- Experience with configuration, release, and change management.
- Experience with ServiceNow, Nagios, New Relic, and/or SolarWinds
- Supporting and working with Linux
- Strong communications skills (written and verbal)
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office software – including Word, PowerPoint, Visio, and Excel.
- TS/SCI with Poly required for Position
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Network Administration and Ops
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.