The Leidos Exploration & Mission Support Operation is seeking talented Entry Level Software Engineers to join our team on the Next Generation Identification program to help build, and enhance highly available, scalable, real time systems used by our Federal Customer here in West Virginia. At Leidos we offer engaging careers, a collaborative culture, and support for your career goals and growth.
You will get the opportunity to fix, enhance, and replace deliverables of projects through all aspects of the software development lifecycle including scope and work estimation, architecture and design, coding and unit testing. You will get a chance to exercise your judgment in determining and recommending the best designs based on customer business objectives, timelines and other resource constraints. You will be challenged and provided a tremendous opportunity for growth in a customer facing, fast paced, agile environment.
In this role, you will:
- Design, develop, troubleshoot, and debug mission critical software source code using modern software development languages and tools, such as Java.
- Participate in the full software development lifecycle, working within broadly defined parameters
- Use Jira, Confluence, Git, ClearQuest development operations, collaboration and source control tools
- Support creation and updating of all relevant documentation and specifications for design, development and testing
- Identify potential roadblocks and develop around them
- Plan and estimate development tasks and work to improve performance metrics
- Develop maintainable code that matches specification
- Perform unit testing of code, including manipulation of data for analysis of system requirements
- Prepare Automated tests using SoapUI, LoadUI, and/or Selenium
- Own the delivery of and small parts of a system or application
- Work closely with other senior engineers to develop the best technical design and approach for new product development
- Build software solutions where the solution is not always well defined but always considers the customer first.
- Working toward a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Biometrics Systems.
- Experience with object-oriented programming in Java.
- An understanding of software development process fundamentals.
- A strong, self-motivated desire to learn new programming languages, tools, frameworks, and techniques.
- US Citizenship is required.
- Familiarity with web application technologies, such as Apache Tomcat, JBoss, etc.
- Knowledge of a version control system (e.g., Git, Subversion).
- Knowledge of Agile Development methodologies.
- Familiarity with multiple operating systems (Windows, LINUX, etc.).
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Intern Technical
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.