The Cyber and SIGINT Solutions Operation (CSS), in the Leidos Intelligence Group, has an opportunity for a Systems Engineer in Columbia, MD. The selected candidate will provide system engineering, administration and network engineering support to Research and Development (R&D) infrastructure and projects in the areas of Cybersecurity, Data Science/Machine Learning, and 5G Telecommunications technologies.
- Design of the hardware, software, and network environment that supports ~4-5 simultaneous research projects across multiple LAN enclaves, supporting multiple WAN connections to Leidos corporate and external networks
- Implementation and configuration of the environment (physical integration, software load and configuration, network configuration)
- Sustainment of the environment (modifications to meet user needs, on-going compliance and accreditation activities, documentation of the environment)
Additionally, as workload allows, the selected candidate will participate in multiple R&D projects, supporting research into modern technologies and their application to solving Leidos customer problems.
- Experience with Linux systems design, engineering and administration experience with demonstrated advancement to guide technology decisions
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) or other commercial cloud environments
- System (hardware, software and networking) Design and Architecture experience
- Experience and interest in fundamental networking implementations and concepts, including basic LAN and WAN networking skills
- Experience with virtualization technologies (e.g., Xen, ESXi or KVM)
All candidates must be willing to pursue a US Government security clearance. A security clearance is not required at the time of hire.
Bachelors or Masters with 4 to 8 years of relevant experience.
- Development experience with infrastructure languages (e.g. bash, python or golang)
- Experience with Agile software development and DevOps tools and pipelines (e.g. Atlassian suite)
- Experience multiple tools including:
- Containerization and orchestration software (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes)
- Network design, protocol analysis & troubleshooting tools (e.g. pf_ring, tcpdump, wireshark)
- Cisco IOS
- Firewalls (ASA, nftables, iptables or PF) and IDS systems (e.g. snort, suricata)
- Experience with Cyber Security Concepts, scanning software (e.g. nmap, nessus, nexpose)
- The ability to work independently to deliver results
- A Bachelor’s of Science degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or a related technical field
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.