The Intelligence and Homeland Security Group of Leidos is seeking an Expert Graphics Designer to support the Office of the Inspector General (OIG) for an Intelligence Community (IC) program in Reston Virginia. An Active TS/SCI with polygraph security clearance is required in order to be considered for this position. The candidate will support Government staff in developing a broad range of written products in support of senior leadership and USG policymakers.
On-Site OIG Support: Support personnel shall be assigned to the Management and Administration Division and will provide support to the IC IG in the following areas:
- Documentation/Work Products and Editing Support: Support the IC IG with editing, creating, processing, and coordinating the composition of products for hardcopy and electronic publication and dissemination. This work includes editing, proofreading, formatting, creating graphics, and providing quality control
for the publication of draft and finished products (including briefing books) for senior policymakers. Documentation work includes ensuring consistency in organization, style, readability, and coordination with stakeholders for appropriate classification.
- Lead document production efforts, define project requirements, develop production timelines, use approved formats, research written and graphic content, prepare concepts for customer review, produce final content layout and artwork, coordinate with stakeholders, ensure quality control, and prepare and deliver digital files for final hard copy or soft copy output.
- Serve as the IC IG technical/creative resource for report production projects, provide alternative approaches and mediums for consideration, review concepts, content and final artwork, and recommend or incorporate revisions for team projects to ensure adherence to technical production and quality control standards.
Support all IC IG branding and marketing efforts, quality assurance and records management efforts including the development of strategies, marketing campaigns, processes, and procedures for effective communication, execution of quality assurance reviews, and management of records.
- Provide technical editing and creative support for all report production projects, including all aspects of production activities, designing complex publication products such as books, foldouts, newsletters, etc. and classification review.
- Advise and consult ICIG personnel, and provide recommendations on best approaches for reaching maximum recipients and obtaining maximum impact using graphic and written tools and formats. Provide innovative approaches and recommendations for using media, technology and print to enhance ICIG work products, promote ICIG brand awareness, and communicate ICIG information in easily digestible formats. Support creation, processing, and coordination of products for hardcopy and electronic publication and dissemination. Work will include development of graphic content to support written products, editing, proofreading, formatting, providing quality control, etc. Documentation work includes ensuring consistency in organization, style, and readability.
- Define, clarify, and communicate customers' requirements and coordinate with customers to plan projects; work closely with customers to translate vision and conceptual ideas into graphic products, assess work parameters on complex projects, collect information, negotiate production schedules, and resolve difficult procedural and production problems that may arise.
- Assist the ICIG Public Affairs Officer to plan and design briefing products, web products, and web products, and websites, partnering with clients to ensure inclusion of project requirements. Plan and develop original, innovative content and graphic concepts, formats, templates, and/or standards for product design.
- Bachelor's and 15 years’ experience in Graphic Design, writing, and editing(years of experiience may be considered in lieu of a degree)
- Active TS/SCI Clearance with Poly.
- Demonstrated ability to provide ad hoc research and background for projects as needed, and assist in drafting, editing, and proofreading reports, presentations, and remarks for grammatical and formatting errors and adherence to quality control standards.
- Demonstrated ability to provide substantive edits for content improvement, including ensuring consistency in organization, style, clarity, conciseness, organization, logic, usefulness, and readability; and, develop information graphics to support communication of concepts and ideas where appropriate.
- Demonstrated ability to develop graphics and written products to support marketing strategies and implementation plans; and, experience supporting marketing of major program or initiatives throughout the IC or larger federal government agency.
- Demonstrated experience ensuring corporate communications have an inner coherence that reinforce organizational messaging across a diverse audience.
- Demonstrated experience with technical writing and reports production in print and digital environments.
- Demonstrated knowledge of technical production and quality control standards; the ability to define requirements and develop production timelines; select appropriate formats; knowledge of proper file structure; experience working with large-scale digital printers; and packaging small print products (examples- booklets, trifold brochures, and cards, etc.); must be able to prepare and deliver digital files for final hard copy or soft copy output; and recommend alternative approaches and mediums for customer consideration.
- Demonstrated skilled knowledge of Microsoft Office tools including SharePoint, PowerPoint and Adobe Creative Suite products.
- Demonstrated knowledge of graphic design and photography including Adobe Creative Suite tools (Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign).
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Writing and Editing
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.