The REACTS program is looking for a pro-active Senior level Cloud Architect and Engineer with a broad range of skills to develop and deploy the latest generation of solutions to our intelligence customers. This person will aid in every part of the delivery cycle, from engagement with senior customers to software development as a forward-deployed member of Agile teams.
Leverage knowledge and skills associated with cloud-first and AWS native architectures.
Leverage knowledge and skills associated with AWS Console, CLI, and Manage Services
Utilizing cloud services to build infrastructure as code in an automated fashion
Implement DevSecOps including auto-scaled architectures for rebuilds
Use knowledge for IT systems to include, but not limited to;
- Linux baselines: CentOS and Ubuntu, Bash Scripting and hardening protocols
- Micro-Services: building decoupled systems, utilizing RESTful endpoints and lightweight systems
- Data Management: landing zones, data lakes, and data movement restrictions for security
- Development: Modern coding principles, continuous integration pipelines, and automation-first implementations
- Security: understanding of information security postures for members of the Intelligence Community, engineering of secure solutions, and experience providing security documentation
- Operations: continuous deployments, rip and replace architectures, dynamic monitoring, and quick-response operations up-time
- CI/CD tools: Git and Jenkins
- Significant experience with cloud-first and AWS native architectures
- Significant experience with AWS Console, CLI, and manage services utilizing cloud services to build infrastructure as a code in an automated fashion
- Candidate must have an active TS/SCI with polygraph
- Candidate must have BS degree with 8-12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6-10 years of prior relevant experience. Additional years of experience can be accepted in lieu of a degree.
- AWS certifications, like associates and developer
- At least 2 years of C2S experience
- Demonstrated experience of the following;
- Cloud formation
- Serverless architectures and implementations
- Big data solutions for data lake implementations (Elasticsearch)
- Managing complex Sponsor relationships and requirements gathering
- Experience with migrating workloads to the cloud
- Injecting detailed technical direction into teams for adoption
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.