The Leidos Intelligence Division is currently seeking an AWS Software Engineer to support a highly visible fast paced prime contract in Annapolis Junction, Maryland. This position requires an active TS/SCI Polygraph to be considered.
PROGRAM SUMMARY: Do you enjoy being a part of small teams that work closely with the customer? Does big data pique your interest? Our Prototype Development Support program is looking for candidates with a strong mission focus to do new development and rapid prototyping. Someone who can figure out smarter, better ways to discover new targets or support mission analysis.
We are seeking a motivated and diversified software engineer to join a team developing a foundational infrastructure in AWS for a mission focused organization. The candidate will work with multiple teams/projects to identify core services that can be transitioned from projects and developed in the AWS environment.
The candidate must have:
Bachelor's Degree and 8 years of experience. Additional experience may considered in lieu of a degree.
- At least eight (8) years of general experience in software development/engineering, including requirements analysis, installation, integration, evaluation, enhancement, maintenance, testing, and problem diagnosis/resolution. .At least 5 years of experience in software-intensive projects and programs for government or industry customers.
- At least six (6) years of experience developing software with high level languages (such as Java, C, C++), and at least three (3) years developing software in UNIX/Linux (RedHat versions 3-5+) and software integration and testing (to include developing and implementing test plans and scripts).
- At least four (4) years of experience with distributed scalable Big Data Store (NoSQL) such as H Base, CloudBase/Accumulo, Big Table, etc., as well as MapReduce programming model, the Hadoop Distributed File System (HDFS), and technologies such as Hadoop, Hive, Pig, Etc.
Shall have demonstrated work experience with 1) Serialization such as JSON and/or BSON, 2) developing restful services, and 3) using source code management tools
- The candidate will work with a team to identify core services, from varying projects and applications, that can be developed in the AWS using C2S.
- The candidate must be willing to work and learn a variety of technologies.
- The candidate must be a self-starter with the ability to take initiative in the work, in addition to working in a team environment.
- Strong Python experience
- Development experience in AWS platform is highly desirable
- Plus: Lambda, Kinesis, DynamoDB, Step Functions, S3, SQS
- Experience developing microservices
- Must have strong communication skills and ability to collaborate well with multiple teams.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Development
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.