The Leidos Intelligence Division is seeking a motivated Front End Software Engineer to support a highly visible fast paced prime contract in Annapolis Junction, Maryland. This position requires an active TS/SCI Polygraph security clearance to be considered.
PROGRAM SUMMARY: Do you enjoy being a part of small teams that work closely with the customer? Does big data pique your interest? Our Prototype Development Support program is looking for candidates with a strong mission focus to do new development and rapid prototyping. Someone who can figure out smarter, better ways to discover new targets or support mission analysis.
We are seeking a motivated front end software engineer to work with a team to develop technical solutions for a web application that meets mission objectives. The candidate must be a self-starter with the ability to take initiative in the work, in addition to working in a team environment.
- Design and implement user interface requirements and translate requirements into visual elements that are both functional and aesthetic.
- Occasional development of middleware code for functionality that supports the User Interface.
- Assist with designing, developing, implementing and testing application features
- Work with team members to develop technical solutions that meets mission objectives
Bachelor's Degree and 8 years of experience. Additional experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Eight plus (8+) years of general experience in computer science, computer engineering, mathematics, or a related discipline.
- At least five (5) years of experience in software-intensive projects and programs for government or industry customers.
- At least three (3) year of experience as a software engineer supporting software architecture development, requirement analysis, process execution and evaluation, selection and evaluation of COTS/GOTS tools, and integration (with both new and existing systems).
- Must have experience designing, developing, implementing, and testing user interfaces
- Experience with React, JQuery or other client-side visualization tools
- Experience developing in a Linux environment
- Experience with Redux, Webpack, Leaflet Maps, Redis highly desired
- Experience with scripting languages such as Python
- Experience with Handlebars (templating) is a plus
- Experience with Cytoscape/Visualization libraries is a plus
- Experience combining middleware frameworks with user interfaces (Node.js) is a plus
- Experience with MongoDB and ArangoDb is a plus
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Development
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.