Leidos has an opening for a Software Test Engineer to work in our Atlanta office in support of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
This position is contingent upon contract award.
The candidate will provide testing support for all software applications tiers including front-end functional testing, middle-tier testing of web services and other APIs, and testing back end ETL and other data processes. In addition, the candidate is expected to perform regression and integration/acceptance testing in an agile development environment. Candidate may also participate in requirements reviews to provide feedback on requirements and to ensure that functional requirements are testable and adequately documented to drive the test process. Provide technical and administrative direction for personnel performing software development tasks, including the review of work products for correctness, adherence to the design concept and to user standards, review of program documentation to assure government standards/requirements are adhered to, and for progress in accordance with schedules. Coordinate with the Project Manager to ensure that problems are solved to the user’s satisfaction. Make recommendations, if needed, for approval of major systems installations. Prepare milestone status reports and deliveries/presentations on the system concept to colleagues, subordinates, and end user representatives.
Key areas of responsibilities:
• Designing test strategies, test plans, and test cases from requirements, design documents and specifications
• Estimating test case writing and execution effort and keeping track of own progress
• Test case authoring and holding test case reviews with stakeholders
• Execution of test cases including functional, regression, performance, load and smoke tests
• Reporting defects, tracking, validating and closing
• Recording test results and reporting them
• 508 compliance test execution and documentation
• Identifying regression test candidates for automation and automating those test cases
• Participation in daily scrum meetings and weekly test team meetings
• Participate in all phases of risk management assessments and software/hardware development with emphasis on analysis of user requirements, test design and test tools selection
BS and 4 – 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2 – 6 years of prior relevant experience.
- Experience translating software requirements/stories into accurate and complete test scenarios, including identifying the detailed test data needs
- Experience using automated test tools
- Understanding of software development lifecycles
- Hands on experience working in an agile Scrum environment
- Familiar with quality assurance methodologies
- Previous experience working in federal government agencies
- Strong written and verbal communication skills (fluent in English)
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Testing and Quality Assurance
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.