Manager Systems Engineering ATOP
Leidos is seeking a Manager Systems Engineering who will be responsible for both system and software engineering teams, approximately 20-25 engineers (Leidos and subcontractor), on the Advanced Technology & Oceanic Procedures (ATOP) program. Responsibilities will encompass SE and SW life cycle activities for a large-scale software system in support of the ATOP contract. The candidate will be required to have a solid background in SE development and full development life cycle processes.
Manager Systems Engineering responsibilities:
• Staffing and hiring activities to meet workload needs for the SE and SW team, Includes interviewing and evaluation candidate new hires.
• Control Account Manager (CAM) responsibilities for SE and SW control accounts.
• Cost estimating, workload and manpower planning, including authoring Basis of Estimates (BOEs), in support of Test team's current and future business needs on the program (e.g. proposals and task order preparation).
• Manage and responsible for full SE and SW lifecycle activities including development CR and EPTR development, and all associated SE activities for CRs and ePTRs.
• Interface with the FAA customer to address/answer questions relating to cost, schedule, resource management, and technical aspects of the SE/SW teams.
• Oversee SE/SW engineering functions.
• Plan engineering tasks, deadlines, milestones, and task sequencing and apply tracking metrics.
• Demonstrate experience in providing technical oversight over SE/SW staff.
• Identify requirements for subcontractor support to ATOP SE/SW teams.
• Develop and conduct interim and yearly performance reviews for the department's personnel; such as award programs and other employee award/assessment activities.
• Requires a Bachelors of Arts or Science or equivalent experience and 8+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6+ years of prior relevant experience. Generally has 4+ years of experience supervising or leading teams or projects.
• Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills and an ability to demonstrate a commitment to personal and corporate excellence, ethical behavior and integrity.
• SE leadership experience
• Prior experience with cost accounting / earned value management / ownership
• Planning and cost estimating experience
• Prior experience in SE/SW process, process improvements and architecture
• Familiarity with the National Air Space and FAA NextGen Air Traffic control programs
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.