Leidos has an opening for a motivated, self-starter for a scientific programmer position supporting acoustic models and databases for the High Fidelity Simulation (HFS) business area. This individual will be responsible for integrating models and databases into state of the art training and tactical decision aid systems for the United States Navy.
- Develop and/or integrate acoustic models and databases into US Navy systems
- Write unit tests to verify and validate acoustic models and databases updates
- Troubleshoot issues with acoustic models and databases as identified by stakeholders
- Demonstrate an ability to learn and apply new skills; and acquire new programming languages to fulfill development requirements.
- Must demonstrate a general commitment to excellence, a dedication to producing quality software products.
- Be able to work successfully in a team environment of 40+ personnel.
- Be able to multi-task, change gears quickly, and support emergency requests.
- Be able to effectively communicate.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited educational institution in Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, Acoustics, or a related field
- Minimum of 12 years of experience in data analysis; or ten years of experience in implementing and/or developing numerical models
Required Experience and Skills:
- Experience with Linux and multiple programming languages (e.g., R, Python, C/C++, MATLAB/Octave).
- Knowledge of data analysis frameworks (e.g., Tensor Flow, Orange, Jupyter Notebooks, pandas, or Weka).
- Understanding of statistical analysis.
- Experience with data visualization.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Geographic information systems;
- Databases (SQL or NoSQL) develop and/or design;
- Signal and/or image processing; or
- Big data using cloud computing.
U.S. Citizenship with the eligibility to obtain a U.S. Government security clearance required for employment.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Development
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.