Leidos has an immediate opening for a Master Linux Administrator to support the design, development and deployment of products, tools and capabilities. The Linux Administrator performs System Administration tasks on a customer’s system that supports mission needs and coordination requirements. This individual will work in a team environment and coordinate with appropriate elements to effectively meet design, development, deployment, and monitoring/securing objectives.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Requires BS degree and 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10 – 13 years of prior relevant experience. May possess a Doctorate in technical domain.
- List daily duties and/or specific job responsibilities.
- Design, build and deploy applications in a hardened enterprise Linux environment.
- Review and compare multiple platform options for applications and collaborating with specific teams to choose an appropriate platform.
- Design and implement a tool set that simplify provisioning and support of a large enterprise Linux environment.
- Plan, configure and implement features on the Linux platform that enhance availability, response time, and monitoring of key system metrics.
- PKI management using OpenSSL
- Strong foundation of knowledge around AWS cloud services and the cloud ecosystem. (Cisco UCS, Splunk, Solarwinds, elastic search, dhcp, ldap)
- Subject matter expert with Linux (RHEL)/CentOS
- Experience setting up and modifying system monitoring with Nagios
- Scripting language experience
Required support experience and/or current working knowledge in the following areas:
- Troubleshooting issues in a growing environment
- Experience with server patch management methodologies
- Domain and expert technical knowledge.
- Preferred scripting in Bash, Perl, and Python
Must have an active TS/SCI with a polygraph for this position.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Administration
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.