Leidos’ C4ISR Analysis & Support Division is seeking a Signals Intelligence (SIGINT) Trainer for our customer site in San Diego, CA. The candidate will be a member of the Advanced Information Systems Integration Team (AISIT) as a Signals Intelligence (SIGINT) technical expert, trainer, and mentor. Membership in this team includes the following responsibilities:
- Support to Generic Area Limitation Environment (GALE) and Own Force Monitoring (OFM) equipped surface combatants as part of AISIT and Cryptologic Carry-On Program (CCOP) support. This consists of performing advanced interface and software troubleshooting on naval information systems, providing remedial training and mentoring active duty technicians as needed aboard U.S. Navy ships worldwide.
- Assist with diagnosing naval information system problems, providing ad hoc refresher training, working with distance support, providing feedback, and supporting system testing.
- Communicate effectively in visual, oral, and written form.
- Establish and maintain professional credibility.
- Demonstrate effective interpersonal skills.
- Maintain and author job performance aids and provide feedback to technical documentation.
This position requires periodically traveling to, and working and living onboard US Navy ships for several weeks at a time. Employee must be able to:
- Physically travel to the intended destination, board the ship either by walking onboard, flying by military helicopter or COD (carrier onboard delivery) aircraft which requires the ability to withstand the stress of a catapult launch or an arrested landing.
- Must be able to live and work in an environment that is in constant, unsteady motion.
- Must be able to climb up and down ship ladders throughout the workday. Ship ladders have a steep incline and minimal head clearance.
- Ships may be up to 13 decks with the berthing, galley and work locations all on separate levels. Employees must be able to climb up and down the ship ladders throughout the day.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 40 lbs while climbing multiple flights of ladders.
- Complete all government customer required training, readiness and International Travel requirements
Additionally, employee will be subject to random drug and alcohol screen tests to ensure compliance with company policies, contractual requirements and/or host country laws
- All employees working on the DCGS-N in engineering support and training support roles who may embark on US Navy ships must be medically cleared by the customer under COMUSFLTFORCOM/COMPACFLT INSTRUCTION 6320.3B (as it may be amended from time to time) to deploy and must maintain that status, as a condition of employment, or face administrative termination. This may require an annual fitness for duty physical and review.
- Bachelor of Science degree and 5+ years of prior relevant experience.
- U.S. citizen with current DoD TS/SCI.
- Recent experience with tactical unit-level training aboard CG, DDG, or LPD class ships.
- In-depth experience operating and/or training GALE and OFM equipment.
- U.S. Navy NECs C07A (National OPELINT Analyst), C08A (Tactical Analysis Technician).
- U.S. Navy Instructor (NEC 805A) or civilian equivalent.
- Designation as a Master Training Specialist (MTS) or CompTIA Certified Technical Trainer (CTT+).
- Experience developing instructional materials and job aids (be able to provide examples).
- Familiar with the Cryptologic Carry On Program (CCOP), Naval Information Forces mission, roles, and functions, and the OFRP.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Technical Trainer
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.