The Government Health and Safety Solutions Operation is seeking an Open Source Developer/Analyst in the Woodlawn area of Baltimore, MD.
Assist SSA with Open Source and Open Data initiatives and provide the following services:
- Provide assistance in the sharing of agency code with the public
- Assist in the design, development, testing and implementation of software, code, and infrastructure as it relates to the open source and open data initiatives
- Maintain the infrastructure to support and publish the agency’s Enterprise Data Inventory and Enterprise Code Inventory
- Be an advocate for the open source and open data initiatives
- Evaluate code for open source sanitization compliance
- Communicate with different entities within SSA
- Provide recommendations for code metadata schemas
- Take and publish meeting notes as required
Required Education and Skills:
Bachelor’s Degree and 8 years of experience or Master’s Degree and 6 years of experience.
- Must be proficient with git
- Must be proficient with JSON format
- Also, knowledge of YAML format a plus
- Must have experience with “Visual Studio Code”
- “Visual Studio Professional/Enterprise” is a plus
- Must be proficient in at least one programming language (preferably C# / .NET)
- Must know how to consume a JSON web service
- Must be proficient with SQL
- Must have an understanding of programming languages and code
- Must have the ability to explore a code repository and identify what the code does
- Must be able to adapt and learn different languages/frameworks as needed
- Must be an effective communicator
- Ability to assist in development of strategic plans and concepts
- Experience in high-level functional systems analysis, design, integration, documentation, training, and implementation
- Systems Analysis and design
- Analytical with good problem solving skills
Ability to obtain a Public Trust Clearance is required.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Development
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.