The Cyber & SIGINT Solutions (CSS) group at Leidos currently has an opening for a Manufacturing Assembly Technician to work in our Columbia, MD office. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience to help this mission.
The successful candidate will use their experience to help this program achieve critical mission success by supporting a quick reaction capability production environment as a Manufacturing Assembly Technician.
The candidate will be responsible for:
- Duties may include ensuring that high-quality manufacturing production operations happens on schedule and within the cost objective.
- Communicate with internal contacts on issues to obtain or provide information on matters of significant importance to the position
- Experience in soldering and manufacturing Printed Wiring Assemblies
- Experience in touch up and re-work of Printed Wiring Assemblies.
- Experience in Module Assembly is a plus
- Electronic/Mechanical Assembler that has experience with IPC and J-Standards for soldering of Cables, Harnesses and Printed Wiring Assemblies, and also Mechanical Assemblies. If the candidate has experience with NASA specifications that would even be better
- Able to read mechanical and electronic assembly drawings
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the following requirements:
- The candidate should have a HS Degree
- Six (6) years of experience checking mechanical and electrical drawings, in addition to experience applying quality and reliability standards
The ideal candidate will have experience with the following:
- IPC, MIL-STD, ANSI, NASA (preferred), SMT, polymerics (desired), cable crimp and harness, soldering, wiring diagrams, and 2D/3D drawings, use of calipers, mechanical standards, inspection scopes, etc.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.