Leidos is seeking a Chief Innovation Officer to lead mission-focused technology and service evolution with zero mission interruption for a U.S. Government organization with a broad geographical footprint and complex service delivery requirements.
The successful candidate will bring significant experience researching, architecting, and engineering advanced enterprise IT solutions.
This position is based in Alexandria, VA. Must be U.S. citizen and possess an active Secret clearance.
• Ensure mission-focused technology and service evolution with zero mission interruption for an enterprise-wide IT managed services effort
• Serve as the single point of accountability for the success of the mission as an “engine” of strategic innovations and improvements
• Research and document recommendations on industry best practices for managing and improving business operations, service delivery quality, and IT operational effectiveness
• Design, propose, and implement the structure, processes, pilot programs, and deliverables required to establish and sustain an innovation pipeline
• Acquire and manage the resources necessary to a establish and sustain an innovation pipeline
• Develop and submit the Business Case Analysis when proposing innovations
• Produce a quarterly Innovation Report describing the identification, testing, and development of innovations and emerging technologies that drive cost savings and result in performance improvements
• Active Secret clearance
• 10+ years’ experience architecting, engineering, and implementing large-scale enterprise IT infrastructure solutions
• 3+ years’ experience developing business cases and driving technology innovations that achieve significant measurable improvements to enterprise infrastructure performance, availability, sustainability, and/or security
• 2+ years’ experience leading multi-discipline teams of computer scientists, engineers, and analysts in the delivery of innovative IT solutions
• Demonstrated experience using data analytics to drive strategic innovations
• Working knowledge of the operation and capabilities of network/system monitoring tools
• Experience presenting briefings to senior customer management, customer stakeholders, and company management
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Multiple vendor and industry certifications, e.g., AWS, Cisco, Microsoft, and CISSP
• Deep expertise in cloud computing, AI/ML, business systems strategy, enterprise mobility, virtualization, self-service automation, demand forecasting, big data analytics, IT service catalogs, and network monitoring
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE: Requires a BA/BS or equivalent experience and 5+ years or prior relevant experience or Masters with 3+ years of prior relevant experience. Generally has 2+ years of experience supervising or leading teams or projects.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Technology Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.