Successful candidate will demonstrate the ability to apply operational experience and technical knowledge of the Joint Fires mission area while operating as part of a team evaluating Joint Forward Observer (JFO) training programs and JFO training simulation systems for compliance with established standards.The position is located at Norfolk Virginia.
- As a JFO Standardization Team Member, support 4 – 6 team trips per year. Duration 1 – 2 weeks at various CONUS and OCONUS locations.
- Assist in pre-trip planning, coordination, execution, and post-trip reporting as directed.
- During execution, evaluate applicable training curricula, documentation, and procedures as directed.
- Draft post evaluation reports that include recommendations regarding initial accreditation or continuing certification as appropriate, based the program’s compliance with Joint Mission Task List and the JFO Memorandum of Agreement.
- Support JFO Training Simulation System Evaluations to determine if particular devices provide realistic capability to train JFOs in procedural certification and qualification tasks.
- Provide necessary knowledge and expertise to support development of JFO-related issues in the biennial Joint Fire Support Executive Steering Committee (JFS ESC) Action Plan.
- Support planning, coordination, execution, and production of associated briefings and papers for approximately 10 JFS ESC Meetings per year.
- Assist as needed in the execution of the annual JF-JCAS Symposium and JCAS-JFO Curriculum Review.
Work Location : Norfolk Virginia
- Bachelors Degree and 4 Years of Joint Fires experience . 6 years of additional Joint Fires experience can substitute for a degree.
- Current or previously qualified JFO or JTAC.
- Staff experience at a Combatant Command, Major Command, or Joint Staff.
- Strong communication and writing skills.
- Office computer skills.
- Current or previously qualified Joint Fires Observer schoolhouse or unit instructor
- Recent Combat experience with ground maneuver forces
- Expert in Joint Fires doctrine, tactics, techniques and procedures (e.g., JP 3-09, multi-service TTP -- JFIRE, J-SEAD, BREVITY, KILLBOX)
- Staff planning experience including interoperability, joint and combined warfare
- Experience with execution and monitoring of military operations