The Government Health and Safety Solutions (GH&SS) is seeking a Product Owner to support a program for the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) in Baltimore/Rockville, MD.
The Systems for Inspections, Recalls, Compliance Enforcement (SIRCE) and Imports program supports the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Office of Regulatory Affairs’ (ORA) critical work to safeguard the foods, drugs, devices, biologics, and veterinary products that the Agency regulates. These systems continue to evolve to meet emerging business needs and to support new mandates and initiatives. It is important to analyze and implement advances in technologies that will improve efficiency and performance leading to greater user satisfaction and reducing the cost of operations and maintenance (O&M). Effort is underway to develop state of the art applications that can be used on various platforms and to retire some of the legacy systems with modern and efficient applications.
This job represents business stakeholders and requires the ability to elicit, understand, analyze, document, refine and communicate business needs, so that business and/or technical delivery teams can build effective solutions. This requires an understanding of customer needs, as well as business vision and strategy, to prioritize investment, business value and delivery. Must be able to collaboratively work within multiple evolving development methodologies including iterative Agile programs and projects, and variations thereof. Works closely with business analysts, engaging and managing the work of subject matter specialists from the business. This position provides continual business guidance for the execution team. This position is responsible for prioritizing the execution team's work so that it aligns with the sponsor's/business executive’s strategies. Leads, manages or orchestrates activities for completion and proper documentation of business requirements. Works with the business and IT delivery teams to identify and mitigate risks to include business operational risks. Escalates issues and develops and recommends appropriate solutions.
Specific roles & responsibilities for the Product Owner position include but not limited to the following:
- Work with FDA business owner in understanding the business needs and communicating to a wide range of stakeholders
- Work with other product leads and teams to collaboratively identify dependencies, develop plans and mitigate risks
- Lead analysis, development and presentation of requirements, design approaches and implemented solutions
- Provide leadership and guidance to a team of business analysts, developers, DBAs and testers in a scrum/agile environment and drive software development team in ensuring requirements are implemented correctly and solutions meet customers’ expectations
- Ability to think critically and strategically to identify, evaluate and demonstrate solutions to complex system problems
- Actively lead the discovery/validation/verification process throughout the development life cycle
- Actively participate in process improvement initiatives
BS degree and 8 – 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 – 10 years of prior relevant experience.
Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO).
- Proven experience working in large, complex projects and integrated product teams
- Demonstrated understanding of full software development life cycle
- Proven experience with creating schedules and timelines for successful execution of objectives
- Demonstrated understanding and experience with transforming an agile project
- Hands on experience with team leadership and execution
- Proven experience with supporting highly critical customer missions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including experience working directly with customers to discuss their requirements and objectives
- Proven experience with Agile software development methodology
- Experience with Agile Development tools (JIRA, Confluence)
- Knowledge of EVM principles and reporting
US Citizen or US Person (Green Card Holder) with the ability to obtain a Public Trust Clearance is required.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Business Systems Analysis
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.