No two career paths will ever look the same. At Leidos, we know the most talented and diverse IT and engineering professionals will always have a multitude of career choices; your time at Leidos will be a wise investment in your career and in yourself.
Our Civil business is helping to modernize and manage infrastructure, systems and controls, and cybersecurity for civilian agencies and commercial clients around the globe. With core competencies in information technology, energy and environment, complex logistics, and specialized engineering, we solve technical challenges and implement newfound efficiencies on a number of programs!
Leidos is searching for a Project Coordinator to join a team supporting programs for DHS and TSA. In this role, candidate will support the Director of Projects to coordinate project activities and maintain project schedules; along with other administrative functions.
Collaboratively works with the project’s Program Management Office (PMO) team on a daily basis with focus on meeting contract requirements. Participates in weekly PMO meetings and completes/tracks identified follow-up actions. Documents business processes, updates project schedules, supports process improvement initiatives, and coordinates activities and assignments with the team to accomplish objectives. Participates in management discussions and contributes to decision-making.
Coordinates preparation and submission of, conducts quality reviews of, and ensures submission of contract deliverables and other reporting requirements.
Reviews, processes, and provides status updates for product orders and background checks.
Updates project schedules based on input from team members.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Candidate must be a US Citizen and able to obtain DHS or TSA vetting (active preferred)
- Must have the ability to obtain a TSA specific Level 1 security clearance.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in a related discipline with 2-4 years of professional experience is preferred. 6-10 years of work experience in this field with applicable certifications may substitute
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to clearly and effectively communicate with team members, management, and customer
- Strong MS Office skills including Word/Excel/PowerPoint, plus ability to use SharePoint to manage documents
- Must have a positive attitude and maintain high standards for ethics and confidentiality
- The ideal candidate will be self-motivated, able to multi-task, and complete tasks accurately and without direct supervision
- Candidate must have the ability to adjust working schedule to meet program needs based on requirements
ADDITIONAL DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Local to Reston, VA area preferred
- Familiarity with supporting TSA
- Active TSA Level 1 background suitability
- MS Visio experience
- MS Project experience
- Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM) a plus
- Six Sigma experience a plus
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:Yes
Clearance Level Required:Other Clearance
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Proj and Prog Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.