Leidos is seeking a Intelligence Data Specialist to support a large customer organization. Position is located in Maryland and Northern Virginia locations. Candidates must currently possess a TS/SCI Polygraph security clearance.
Primary Responsibilities (the work location of this role may be in any WMA Leidos location)
Responsibilities and tasks may include some or all of the following:
- Manage an end-to-end process for the publication of data exchange standards, including technical specifications, from creation to approval.
- Prioritize standards and technical specifications for inclusion within an enterprise baseline and help resolve issues between agencies that may have competing requirements.
- Provide outreach for and education in technical specifications, including a 10 minute executive brief, and work with developers to help them implement technical specifications.
- Assist with providing service architecture, standards, and specifications to enable the enterprise to architect and implement interoperable and reusable services across the enterprise.
- Evaluate and ensure that programs are adhering to technical specifications. Assist with strategy, architecture, policy recommendations, development, and configuration management of XML data encoding specification used for security, content discovery, retrieval, and audits.
- Speak to internal and external customers on behalf of the organization and work on long-range programs and objectives.
- Candidates must currently possess a TS/SCI security clearance with a CI polygraph.
- Bachelor's Degree
- At least 10 years of experience as a subject matter expert in one or more of the following areas: systems architecture, engineering, and integration with focus on intelligence production and dissemination, markup-based (e.g., XML) systems, data processing pipelines, content management, workflow processes, enterprise services, data interoperability standards, and data standards policy and compliance in support of DoD and IC organizations.
- Experience within the IC helping to set strategic direction, develop budget and program plans, craft technical responses to actions assigned by the CIO’s office.
- Experience with XML technologies to include:
- Schema development (XSD, RelaxNG)
- Schematron development
- Developing Extensible Stylesheet Transforms (XSLTs)
- Experience with developing software tools/scripts (e.g. JAVA, Python, Bash)
- Experience with Unix command line and associated tools
- Ability to be a team player and work in a collaborative environment
- Degree in Cybersecurity, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Information Systems, or Information Technology desired.
- Experience using DocBook XML for creating, maintaining, and publishing documentation
- Experience with using Agile methodologies (e.g. Scrum)
- Experience using task management tools (e.g. JIRA)
- Experience using and configuring continuous integration systems (e.g. Jenkins)
- Experience using software repositories (e.g. SVN and Git)
- Experience with software build tools (e.g. Ant, Maven, etc.)
- Experience with translating policy (including Intelligence Community Directives (ICDs), Intelligence Community Standards (ICSs), and Intelligence Community Policy Guidance (ICPGs)) into requirements for technical specifications
- Experience with creating Microsoft PowerPoint presentations and articulating work to a multitude of audience levels: technical, developers, management, and executive/senior leaders
- Ability to work autonomously to complete loosely defined tasks, including operating without an SOP or user manual
- Ability to perform technical tasks while also thinking strategically about policy, governance, and communicating effectively
- Ability to go from abstract concepts to concrete implementations and vice versa
- Possession of excellent problem solving skills
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.