Today, Electronic Warfare (EW) is a growing enterprise - protecting the warfighter and our national security against ever-adapting threats. Due to success of continued growth - the Leidos Innovations Center (LInC) at Leidos (in Arlington, VA) currently has an opening for a Principal Investigator / Product Manager with successful experience in the areas of program execution, technical leadership, business development, and the development of products in an R&D environment.
As a LInC EW Principal Investigator (PI), you’ll directly support the Division by achieving program objectives, leading technical teams – and participate in business development activities. The ideal candidate will possess superior analytical and problem-solving skills, operate independently with limited supervision and feedback, be a strong team player, and have the ability to establish solid working relationships with technical staff members and peers within the division as well as our external Government customers.
Regular tasks will include a mix of the following:
- Serve as Technical Team Lead, and support PM with task planning, forecasting etc.
- Serve as key customer interface for ongoing projects
- Develop novel and advanced architectures, algorithms, and real-time implementations in software and hardware focused on RF applications
- Lead or support marketing and business development initiatives: develop technical solutions and new ideas for response to capture efforts (e.g., BAAs, RFPs etc.)
- Lead software and hardware product development, and shape the R&D pipeline to meet existing customer needs and expand the addressable market
- Lead and/or engage in multiple projects
- Communicate results in briefings and written material to your team, the customer, and management
- Supervise software and/or hardware developers as required
- Must be U.S. Citizen
- Masters with 10+ years prior relevant experience,
- Able to obtain a TS/SCI clearance
- Demonstrated leadership of small multi-disciplinary technical teams and/or projects
- Business Development and Capture experience (e.g., proposal experience)
- Demonstrated strong oral and written communication
- Experience working in EW, SIGINT and/or radar fields as a technical leader
- Experience successfully participating in captures, and/or writing technical white papers and proposals
- Experience working in a Research and Development (R&D) environment
- Active TS//SCI clearance
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:Yes
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Signal Processing Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.