Leidos is seeking a Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) Engineer to support the development and deployment of a global Citrix-based VDI solution within the DISA Joint Regional Security Stack (JRSS). JRSS is a multi-year, global effort to improve the DoD’s security posture and provide enhanced security capabilities and analytics by centralizing and virtualizing network security into regional stacks rather than locally distributed appliances.
As the VDI Engineer, you are responsible for developing, documenting, deploying, and refining the JRSS global VDI system, which includes cross domain and secure file transfer solutions.
What You Will Do:
- Providing application installation and troubleshooting of Citrix XenDesktop suite of products, such as provisioning server, desktop delivery control, virtual desktop images/target devices.
- Providing extensive troubleshooting in installation and configuration of Windows Operating Systems; Disk Configuration and Installation and Configuration of DNS and Active Directory; Systems Policy and Group Policy; Systems Back-up and Recovery; Windows Performance Tuning and Windows Server troubleshooting.
- Implementing Desktop GPOs
- Developing and maintaining Standard Operating Procedures for VDI Environment
Who You Will Work With:
You are part of a multi-disciplinary team that supports JRSS. You must be able to integrate with other technical teams, DISA personnel, vendor technical support, and with technical representatives from DoD services. You will work as part of an integrated, cross-platform team to provide military base/post/camp/station migration support services DoD-wide as the JRSS stacks are deployed and used.
What You Need To Be Successful in This Position:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience/combined education, with 4+ years of experience; or 2+ years of professional experience with a related Master’s degree.
- Experience with installing, configuring, and troubleshooting Windows Operating Systems
- Experience working in a Citrix XenDesktop or VMWare View environment
- Experience with Disk Configuration and Installation and Configuration of DNS and Active Directory
- Experience with Systems Policy and Group Policy;
- Experience with Systems Back-up and Recovery
- Experience with Windows Performance Tuning and Windows Server troubleshooting.
- U.S. citizenship and an active DoD Secret clearance. In addition, you must be able to successfully obtain up to Top Secret based on requirements from the customer and program.
- DoD 8570 IAT2 certification
Even Better if You Have:
- VMware ESX or other Hyper Visor experience
- Thin Client using Virtual Desktop Interface Technology
- Technical written & verbal communication skills (technical writing)
- Experience with AppSense Product Suite
- Security+ or CISSP
- Experience supporting Intelligence and/or DoD Customers
- Experience Unix/Linux system administration
- At Leidos, culture in not just what we do—it’s how we do it. Our people, our environment and our values make all the difference.
- People: Our 33,000 employees help define who we are and what we stand for as a business. We have smart, friendly employees who are committed to working collaboratively to serve our customers. With diverse and complementary skillsets, backgrounds and experiences we take pride in our work, and in wearing our purple.
- Environment: We have an inclusive and engaged work environment that is fast-paced, casual and highly flexible. We work where and when is required to get the job done, in keeping with project and customer requirements. Our work environments are certainly not hierarchical, so is talking to your boss’ boss is encouraged.
- Values: What we believe is the foundation of everything we do. We have strong values—integrity, innovation, agility, collaboration and commitment—that are a way of life. It simply comes down to this: we believe in doing the right thing always, for each other, our customers, and our stakeholders.
External Referral Eligible
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.