The Defense Group at Leidos is looking for a Quality Assurance Manager in Hawthorne, Nevada.
Responsible for the quality management effort for the HWAD program. Develops, implements, and maintains a quality management system and continually improves its effectiveness in accordance with ISO 9001, ISO 14001 conformant Environmental Management System (EMS), OSHA or DOD 4145.26-M.
- Ensures the quality of services provided in accordance with the requirements of the Performance Work Statement (PWS), and applicable Army Regulations.
- Organizes, coordinates, leads, and directs the activities of the Internal and External Audits, Auditor(s) and Document Control Lead, as applicable.
- Establishes, updates and maintains the quality control plan.
- Coordinates with Government Quality and Safety Organizations.
- Monitors and oversees Government Furnished Equipment (GFE) requiring contractor stewardship records and support in maintaining Government records (documentation and APSR).
- Identifies areas for improvement and coordinates with management across the organization to develop process improvement plans.
- Initiates the corrective action process as required, monitors and reports progress, and reviews / assesses the effectiveness of resulting corrective actions and process improvements.
- Assists process owners with correcting identified nonconforming processes and coordinates with management to ensure the corrective actions are supported and resourced.
- Works with senior management and staff sections to develop all necessary policies and procedures.
- Serves as the primary liaison with Army COR/ACOR and Quality Assurance Specialists on all external audits performed at customer locations.
- Prepares and presents oral, written, and graphic reports for senior management. Performs quality assurance and quality control activities across CLINs/Task Orders.
- Provides management, leadership and direction to quality specialists aligned to the IT Services, Support Operations, Ammunition Operations and Installation Operations/Facility Management.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field with 4-8 years of relevant experience.
- Experience with ISO-9001/14001
- Must be fluent in speaking and writing the English Language.
- Must be able to pass a background National Agency Check prior to employment and ultimately obtain and maintain a SECRET security clearance.
- Prior US Army Materiel Command experience, ideally within the Joint Munitions Command.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Testing and Quality Assurance
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.