The Defense Group of Leidos has an opening for a Network Operations Engineer supporting our DoD customer in San Antonio, TX.
In this role, you will support the Secure Mobile Device Gateway service for DMCC which provides IT repair, maintenance, operations, logistics, and engineering services to help ensure secure, reliable, and uninterrupted availability of the DoD's secure mobile device capability gateway service.
You will also utilize your broad experience in configuration, testing, documentation, maintenance, administration, and operation of a variety of voice and data network protocol standards and a broad range of devices such as Linux servers, VMware/ESXi virtualization, Cisco Routers and Switches, Cisco ASA Firewalls, Juniper Firewalls, Cisco Unified Border Element (CUBE), Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM), F5 traffic management and Windows servers along with other technologies.
Selected candidates will work 8-10 hour shifts supporting a 24/7 operation with shifts rotating quarterly.
- Bachelor's degree and 4 years of related experience. Additional experience, education and training may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Active DoD SECRET clearance
- DoD-8570 IAT Level 2 certification (Security+ CE)
- Experience performing system administration tasks (installing, maintaining, monitoring, recovering, rebuilding, upgrading, patching)
- Fluent using the Red Hat Linux CLI
- Experience with Linux scripting languages such as: Python, Perl, Bash, or Shell
- Experience configuring and using automation tools such as: Ansible, Puppet
- Knowledge of virtual environment technologies (VMware - vCenter and ESXi)
- Provide support and troubleshooting in the following areas: networking, DNS, web services (apache, tomcat)
- Experience operating or sustaining an Enterprise level architecture where users are located at multiple sites.
- Experience providing technical resolution with customers at remote sites.
- Experience working with customers (who possess minimal skillset) over the phone to execute commands.
- Must be organized, process oriented, possess skills in documenting and a solid understanding of Linux kernel and operating system initialization.
- Cisco ASA Firewall knowledge: STP, VLANs, Trunking, Static / Dynamic routing (BGP, EIGRP, OSPF)
- Knowledge of advanced networking techniques: port aggregation, IPSEC, L2TP/VPN. IPS route-maps and capture filters
- Experience providing technical problem resolution for complex network infrastructure problems or anomalies.
- Experience with Windows SCCM and WSUS configuration/management
- Proven ability to configure, maintain, and provide technical problem resolution for Windows Server services
- Experience with Windows AD Domain Services, AD Federation Services, and AD Group Policy
- Certifications with major network system vendors such as Red Hat, VMware, Cisco and Juniper
External Referral Eligible
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Network Administration and Ops
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.