Leidos has an opening for a Multifunctional Field Service Engineer (M-FSE) to support a biometrics program in Afghanistan.
The M-FSE will be supporting a high profile program to provide operations, maintenance, and associated support for all devices associated with the system. These services shall focus on supporting the Warfighter needs by sustaining adequate support functions. The program is an established Identity Management and Collection solution that has led the effort to identify foes in the War on Terror. Leidos assists in this worldwide effort by aiding the US Military in the utilization of technology to positively identify individuals in a shifting world of identities. Team Leidos has been providing world class development and field support to the program since its inception in 2004. We have worked side-by-side with our DoD Partners to develop, deploy, maintain, train and operate the program wherever it has been deployed as a force multiplier in the critical war on terror mission. The position level of effort is 12 hours per day, seven days per week, for 84 hours per week.
The successful candidate will provide critical system administration and operations, and maintenance support to include technical support services for the US Army on the system, including servers, laptops, and handheld collection platforms; to include planning, operation, optimization, security administration, maintenance, and network management. Individual must be self-motivated and able to handle daily tasks on their own with little supervision.
Provides technical support and analysis to field engineers and technicians. Provides technical advice and guidance on installation, adaptation, configuration or enhancement of technical products, programs and systems. Tests, trains and fields support to customers regarding technical aspects of designated systems and services. Provides resolution of technical problems. Maintains network stability through troubleshooting, timely resolution of incidents, and proactive maintenance to provide maximum availability. Provides training to customers. Reviews system and network configurations to ensure successful implementation of services into production. Provides technical support for the installation and repair of complex systems and outages. Provides consultative assistance during off hours as needed. Answers questions about installation, operation, configuration, customization and usage of designated systems and services. Applies diagnostic techniques to identify problems, investigate causes and recommend solutions to correct common failures. Maintains the biometrics theater-level enterprise architecture to transmit biometric and biographical data collected through multiple missions to CONUS systems for storage, matching, and analysis; and to receive and disseminate the results of that matching and analysis back to systems in theater. Reports on biometrics activities and provides subject matter support to military leadership. Provides technical operations subject matter expert (SME) support. Contributes to the development of targeted training materials for specific missions. Accompanies units on actual missions as required to ensure that personnel are satisfactorily trained to execute their biometrics system related tasks to standard in a live environment.
Assist the Warfighter with daily system tasks, including the following:
• General systems administration, maintenance, documentation, and reporting.
• Customer interaction in response to reported problems and user training requests.
• System start-up, initialization, and shut down
• Daily operation of servers, including email servers and web servers
• LAN administration and coordination with WANs
• Network security functions IAW the System Security Authorization Agreement (SSAA)
• Database transaction reconciliation
• Implementing system upgrades, including planning, scheduling, testing, and coordinating and managing system network availability.
• Implementing IA patches
• Identification and resolution of network connectivity issues, software and hardware upgrades, and general maintenance of laptops, servers and peripherals.
• Collaboration and coordination with outside organizations will be periodically necessary.
• Perform other duties as assigned by the Field Operations Manager.
• Must have an active DoD TS/SCI or Top Secret with current SCI-DCID 6/4.
• Requires a BS and 4 years of systems administration or relevant IT experience, with a proven ability to troubleshoot hardware, networking, SQL Server and Windows operating systems (additional experience may be substituted in lieu of a degree).
• Currently possess DoD 8570 at the IAT level II, consisting of 2 or more of the following: Security+ CE, GIAC Security Essentials Certification (GSEC), A+ Essentials, Network +, Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator (MCSA), Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP), CISCO Certified Network Associate (CCNA), Systems Security Certified Practitioner (SSCP), or any other CE certificate approved by DoD 8570 at the IAT level II profile.
* Must have MCSA certification.
• Proven ability to create scripts for system administration/setup, examine firewalls and ports to identify and fix communication issues, perform database maintenance, ensure data integrity and track hardware locations.
• Ability to formally present materials in understandable and intelligible formats; in both stand-up instruction and written arrangements. Be able to effectively measure student progress and provide constructive feedback.
• Demonstrated proficiency in the use of PCs and all programs included in the Microsoft Office application suite.
• Working knowledge of programming languages in Microsoft .NET, Visual Basic or Visual C#, Web Administration (IIS), and software and hardware test procedures.
• Military and/or national intelligence background with a clear understanding of the military structure, mission and responsibilities.
• Prior experience in Afghanistan, Iraq, Kuwait, Qatar or similar surroundings.
Additional Deployment Criteria:
- Position requires individual to pass medical, dental, and psychological screenings according to criteria established by the customer and be designated “fit for deployment.”
- Professional customer-focused attitude, impeccable teamwork, and ethics.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:Yes
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Field Operations
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.