On contract award, Leidos will have openings for 2 VTC Bridge Technicians III in the country of Qatar. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience helping the AFCENT Communications Technical Support Service IV mission. In this mission we ensure communications information is available to forward deployed forces supporting Operation Resolute Support and Inherent Resolve in South West Asia (SWA) and the continuing mission requirements of the Department of Defense (DoD).
The candidate shall maintain VTC Bridge operational support 18 hours per day (0600-2400/7 days per week/365 days per year. The contractor shall act as the focal point for scheduling and day-to-day coordination of USAFCENT AOR-wide VTC reservations. The USAFCENT VTC operations center requires manning to support this service as well as unexpected VTC support during off-duty hours. Subtasks shall include:
a. Act as the USAFCENT focal point and liaison to DISA Global Video Services (GVS)
1. Assist customers with new requirements, provide suggestions within USAFCENT guidelines that meet their needs, and direct them to submit proper paperwork (AF Form 3215) to their local ECS/SCX personnel.
2. Assist customers with direct or bridged connectivity to GVS services if needed.
3. Develop and maintain professional working relationship with other bridging/hub locations to include GVS, USCENTCOM, ARCENT.
4. Adhere to USAFCENT SPIN-C/CONOPS VTC policy and procedures in daily operations and when dealing with users within USAFCENT AOR.
b. During normal duty hours stated in the TO, be present in the VTC bridging facility 30 minutes prior to start time of the first bridged VTC connection of the day to bring up the call and be prepared for quality checks performed by the chairing location. During off hours (no operator present), ensures Telepresence Management Suite (TMS) will accommodate scheduled VTC sessions as needed. If an O-6 or above will be hosting a bridged VTC during the off hours, an operator must be present for the duration of the bridged VTC session.
c. Oversee the overall operational, management, and health of VTC facilities and systems distributed through-out the AOR under USAFCENT control.
1. Monitor, review, and analyze VTC network performance and ensure effective operation. Notify the local ECS/CFP and USAFCENT ACCC before beginning repair actions of major network problems involving VTC network enterprise devices.
2. Conduct periodic inspections of the VTC Network using TMS software.
3. Push templates to VTC endpoints via TMS to ensure each system is configured to the USAFCENT VTC standard.
4. Push software updates to endpoints, VTC network enterprise devices, and any additional VTC equipment that is on the USAFCENT VTC network.
d. Interface directly with all AF site Communication Squadron Commanders or appointed representatives and customers to provide feedback and identify corrective actions on local site equipment.
1. Report to USAFCENT VTC PMO on health of network architecture and provide input to potential obstacles to expansion of network.
2. Submit Firewall Exception Request (FER) for new/changed circuits request and coordinate between NOSC and customer until issue is closed.
3. Provide outage log, number of VTCs, and other data required by USAFCENT VTC PMO.
e. Maintain a thorough knowledge, diagrams, and understanding of all VTC equipment implemented within the USAFCENT AOR.
1. Maintain current copy of VTC architecture diagrams.
2. Assist and train local facilitators, if requested, on VTC conference room set-up and operation. May assist by phone if effective, but assist in person if an on-site visit is required. Local facilitators may require both operational assistance, as well as technical assistance in troubleshooting malfunctioning VTC and associated equipment.
Must meet the certification requirement of DoD 8570.01-M, SPIN-C, or individual task order.
- Lead level “hands on” work experience in support of installations, repair, and troubleshooting or maintenance of communications systems or equipment.
- Must have the technical knowledge to solve complex problems, understand the interrelationships of circuits, and be able to exercise independent judgment in performing tasks in support of communications systems or equipment.
- Experience, to include: supervision, and shop practices.
- Typically requires high school diploma or equivalent and 3 - 5 years of prior relevant experience.
- Requires an active Security clearance.
Personnel in this labor category are considered experts in the field. Lead level experience in maintenance/troubleshooting of VTC electronic systems or equipment as specified in the task order to include the following:
Inverse Multiplexing Devices (i.e., Adtran devices)
Telepresence Management Suite (TMS) Software
Tandberg devices (Codecs, Desktops, Bridges including Codian Products, etc.)
Cisco Network Enterprise Devices (VCS-Control, VCS-Expressway, Gatekeeper, Border Controller)
Cisco Multipoint Control Units/Bridges (MPS800, MSE8000, Codian 45XX series, and peripherals)
Cisco Conference Room (CR) Codecs (All in product line to include C-Series and MXP systems)
Cisco Desktops (All in product line to include EX series and MXP systems)
Cisco Codian ISDN Gateways 3200 series
Cisco Codian IP Gateways 3500 series
Media converters (Fiber to LAN)
CRESTRON and AMX Touch panel [interfaces] and associated software
Audio subsystems (Amplifiers, mixers, microphone and speaker systems)
Media devices (e.g. DVD players, VCRs, etc.)
Multimedia Display (e.g. Projectors, LCD, Plasma, LED displays, etc)
Candidate must have a valid U.S. Passport that will not expire with 7 months from hire date.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.