Leidos are a growing company delivering innovative technology and solutions focused on safeguarding critical capabilities and transformation in frontline services, our work in the United Kingdom includes addressing some of the most complex problems in defence, healthcare, government, safety and security, and transportation.
We are honoured to support the UK MOD’s Logistic Commodities & Services Transformation (LCST) programme through Team Leidos. The LCST programme enhances and improves the UK’s defence supply chain including procurement, storage, inventory management and distribution of MOD's materiel such as food, packed fuels, clothing, medical materiel and general supplies, globally.
We now require a Programme Security Manager to join the Team.
Ensure compliance with legal and customer security requirements. Daily responsibility for all Team Leidos operational security management activities across all service areas.. Delivering security solutions and assuring those provided by third parties to ensure full compliance with UK HMG security policies and procedures. Competently use security risk assessment methods to deliver fit for purpose, risk commensurate security controls and solutions including the generation and presentation of successful business case.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
The Security Operations Manager is specifically responsible for the implementation and assurance of a management system that ensures that Team Leidos operates and delivers in accordance with HM Government Security policy and procedure, by:
- Developing, implementing and maintaining the programme security management plan including any supplementary policy and procedure
- Co-ordinating security activities and the implementation of security controls across Team Leidos through collaborative working
- Representing the Team Leidos Security Team as the Team Leidos Programme Security Lead to the Authority, establishing and maintaining all relevant relationships.
- Advising management and third parties on the interpretation and implementation of contractual and, where appropriate, legislative security controls in all areas of security (not limited to information, physical, personnel, risk management and incident management)
- Proactively building and presenting successful business cases to address emerging and/or extant security risk
- Developing and implementing a security assurance programme to assure Leidos and the Authority of compliant operational activities throughout the supply chain
- Ensuring that any breach of security is immediately reported to the respective Contracting Authority, and any other relevant authorities, ensuring that the circumstances are fully investigated, and a thorough report and impact analysis is prepared
- Remaining familiar and up to date with UK Government Security Policy Framework and all contractually mandated security policies, procedures, conditions and similar
- Managing and co-ordinating the physical, personnel and system security for Leidos buildings directly supporting Team Leidos
- Developing and delivering an effective security education and awareness programme across Team Leidos
- Providing any related support as directed by Programme or Leidos Leadership
Key Result Areas:
- Maintain and protect the integrity, availability and confidentiality of customer assets by providing expert security leadership, direction, supervision and oversight.
- Provide appropriate and risk commensurate physical security controls and measures, security standards and processes and procedural security measures for all facilities and buildings, incorporating customer and legal/statutory codes and standards.
- Ensure that business is undertaken securely within agreed security risk tolerances by maintaining security risk measurement, assessment, review and reporting processes.
- Ensure that delivery of security measures is compliant, adequate and risk commensurate; and in line with customer/regulatory requirements by QA activity and KPI reporting.
- Ensure that the response to security events and incidents are managed appropriately, reported correctly and impacts reduced/mitigated by the use of effective reporting, investigation and response protocols.
- Provide effective and coordinated security management enabled by close and direct liaison with Team Leidos operations senior leaders, partner organisations, the customer and other external stakeholders.
- Execute, manage, and direct investigations into security events/incidents.
What do we do for you?
We offer meaningful and engaging careers, a collaborative culture, and support for your career goals, all while nurturing a healthy work-life balance.
We provide an employment package that attracts, develops and retains only the best in talent.
Our reward scheme includes:
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- 33 days Annual Leave (including public and privilege holidays)
- Access to Flexible benefits (including life assurance, health schemes, and cycle to work scheme)
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Other Clearance
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.