Leidos is dedicated to making the world a safer place. This starts with helping our customers in the Defense Industry achieve their critical missions. From our airborne work with sensors alerting warfighters to what's over the next hill, to our autonomous maritime platforms protecting sea lanes and shores; our dedicated Defense Group employees are solving critical challenges across the globe.
This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience helping the HR3DGI mission. In this mission, we configure, man, deploy, and maintain FAA certified aircraft for CONUS and OCONUS collection of high-resolution, three dimensional geospatial information that Leidos processes, disseminates, stores and maintains to improve warfare planning.
The job of the Lead A&P Technician/Mechanic is to supervise aircraft maintenance as a working member of the team, while maintaining aircraft in accordance with OEM specifications and FAA regulations. The diversity of working conditions range from an environment where there is little or no physical discomfort, to an environment where inclement weather may subject the individual to severe changes in temperature, wind, rain, etc. Incumbents may be required to work in areas where high noise hazards, exposure to fumes, airborne particles, and electrical shock hazards exist. The Lead A&P Technician/ Mechanic reports directly to the Maintenance Manager.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Supervise A&P Mechanics
- Participate in teleconferences as needed
- Perform performance evaluations on A&P Mechanics
- Update maintenance tracking software/databases
- Submit daily, weekly or monthly reports as required
- Perform corrosion inspections and related treatment
- Work hours may be adjusted for operational requirements
- Conduct daily/turnaround inspections on assigned aircraft
- Perform shipping, receiving and issuing of aircraft material
- Maintain FAA required records, manuals and inspection forms
- Ability to troubleshoot systems to provide an effective solution
- Structural repairs and component in-house repair/back shop programs
- Washing/cleaning, servicing aircraft fuel/oil/hydraulic/oxygen/nitrogen systems
- Turbine engine, propeller, airframe and flight control/landing gear or engine rigging
- Act as the Point of Contact (POC) for all site aircraft and GSE maintenance activities
- Track and perform scheduled and unscheduled aircraft maintenance, repair and inspections on all aircraft systems
- High School diploma and 5+ years experience
- Current FAA A&P certificate is required
- Must be a US Citizen
- Must have a current civilian driver's license
- Must have a basic understanding of integrated avionics
- Must have working knowledge of aircraft safety directives
- Must be able to work shifts as assigned and travel as required to support operations
- Experience using common or special hand tools and test equipment as required for aircraft maintenance
- Must have an in-depth knowledge of aircraft/vehicle movement and safety/hazards during flight line operations
- Must have an in-depth knowledge of using aircraft technical publications with the ability to read and interpret basic schematic diagrams, drawings, and charts
- Must have proficient computer skills with experience using Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) as well as maintenance database and tracking software
- Must be able to obtain and maintain an interim DOD SECRET security clearance
- Active DOD SECRET security clearance
- Current FAA Inspection Authorization (IA) is desired
- Rockwell/Collins Proline 21 experience is a plus
- Recent DHC-8 Aircraft Maintenance experience on civilian and/or military platforms
- Experience on Airborne ISR Aircraft and Operations
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Aircraft Mechanic
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.