This position will assist the ITEMS UFS Release and Deployment/Configuration Management team to configure and maintain the tool suite for the program to successfully maintain the system baselines. This tool suite will coordinate hardware and software changes into operational environments while helping teams improve CM and Test rigor. Key roles include: coordinating stakeholders (across programs and teams) to develop needed engineering solutions; defining requirements for the tools through CM processes and test workflows to ensure process compliance and service continuity; recommending ways to reduce risk or accelerate delivery timelines; ensuring repeatable processes and current documentation. This engineer will be responsible for the full lifecycle development of the chosen products for program tools for the RDM team.
The ITEMS UFS program is an Information Service Provider (ISP) contract that delivers and maintains user facing (IT) devices, worldwide, including: workstations and desktop software (thick images and virtual desktops) across many teams and baselines; printers, plotters, telephones, conference room audio-visual equipment, personal IT devices, etc. and related configuration and maintenance documentation. This hands-on role requires attention to detail, with very good organization skills and ability to pivot between highly visible customer priorities: a combination of inflexible and shifting deadlines.
This role joins a good-nature team who are motivated to take their teamwork and process maturity to the next level. This role provides excellent visibility of the hardware/software change management and must work across the program and interfacing organizations. This role provides opportunity to analyze cross-team requirements, workflows and tools, socialize trade-offs and build consensus, then drive improvements. Your ideas, suggestions and concerns will be welcomed.
- Guide tool and process changes into operational environments, across operational organizations to assist in tool stand up and support
- Work to understand and use program and customer CM tools, especially Service+
- Streamline test and CM workflows, collaborating with service delivery managers
- Maintain tool documentation and create CONOPS
- Assess workflows and environments, driving efficiencies and environment consolidations
- Help teams assess software CM controls and drive needed actions to improve posture and consistency
- Create metrics and drive efficiencies
- Drive problems to closure, engaging needed stakeholders to reach solutions
- Supports complex problems: Develops technical solutions that require collaboration with experts, deep analyses and understanding of impact on end-product/solution.
- Analyzes cross-functional problem sets, and identifies root causes. Works individually, actively participates on integrated teams, and leads multiple tasks or projects.
- Oversees and monitors work that impacts tools, ensuring repeatable processes and on-time deliveries.
- COTS Integration, Requirements definition, COTS Design
- Experience using and administering tools like Git, SVN, Nexus, Maven, or Chef is helpful
- The candidate will be expected to develop and maintain applicable scripts, supporting tools automation and integration requirements.
- Scripting languages vary by tool and will be chosen by the RDM lead, especially considering maintenance trade-offs.
- Strong communicator who shares information across stakeholders, including customer, program management and SMEs, vendor, external program POCs
Education & Experience:
- Requires Bachelors Degree and 4 – 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters Degree with 2 – 6 years of prior relevant experience.
**This position is for either Springfield, VA or St. Louis, MO**
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Configuration Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.