On contract award, Leidos will have an opening for a Land Mobile Radio (LMR) Technician III in the country of Qatar. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience helping the AFCENT Communications Technical Support Service IV mission. In this mission we ensure communications information is available to forward deployed forces supporting Operation Resolute Support and Inherent Resolve in South West Asia (SWA) and the continuing mission requirements of the Department of Defense (DoD).
The successful candidate shall install and support the day-to-day operation and maintenance of LMR, Emergency Mass Notification Systems (EMNS), and Public Address (PA) Systems IAW AFI 17-210, USAFCENT (A6) policies and applicable commercial manuals. LMR System Administrator technicians shall attain and maintain ASTRO 25 Integrated Voice and Data (IV&D) training IAW the individual TO. Each location’s system may vary in size. Details of operations will be specified in the individual TO. Tasks shall include, but are not limited to:
a. Perform maintenance, troubleshooting, repair, optimization, programming, installation, and removal of LMR and EMNS.
b. Identify and provide recommendations for coverage deficiencies when directed by Government personnel.
c. Assist in the management of the base Personal Wireless Communication System (PWCS) Accountable Items Management System (AIMS) database.
d. Identify and assist in the resolution of frequency interference issues IAW AFI 10-707 and host nation directives.
e. Technicians must be adequately tower/climbing certified to perform the required tasks. Technicians must also maintain tower climbing certification.
f. The contractor shall supply, install, and de-install LMR mobile and base station to include antenna, trans-mission cables, and other LMR equipment defined in the individual TO.
g. The contractor shall install, operate, and maintain equipment required to support trunked and conventional LMR systems. Primary and auxiliary LMR equipment supported includes, but is not limited to:
1. Repeaters, portables, base stations and mobiles
2. Dispatch/communications consoles
3. System management terminals
4. Zone controllers
5. Switching and routing equipment
6. Network management equipment
7. Key Management Facility (KMF) equipment
8. Logging recorders
9. Key loaders, chargers, programming equipment
10. Combiner systems
11. Antenna systems
12. EMNSs (Giant Voice)
13. Motorola Astro25
Must meet the certification requirement on the Special Instructions to Communicators (SPIN-C) or individual task order.
- Lead level “hands on” work experience in support of installations, repair, and troubleshooting or maintenance of communications systems or equipment.
- Must have the technical knowledge to solve complex problems, understand the interrelationships of circuits, and be able to exercise independent judgment in performing tasks in support of communications systems or equipment.
- Two (2) years of experience, to include: supervision, and shop practices.
- Typically requires high school diploma or equivalent and 3 - 5 years of prior relevant experience.
- Active Secret security clearance.
- Personnel in this labor category are considered experts in the field. Lead level “hands on” experience in maintenance/troubleshooting of Motorola and other Land Mobile Radio Equipment as specified in the task order to include: Communications consoles, Repeaters, XTS-5000 and other various hand held radios, Trunked and non-trunked LMR systems, Key loaders, antennas, multi-couplers, duplexers
- Test equipment such as, service monitors/ communication system analyzers, oscilloscopes, multi-meters, frequency counters, power meters, spectrum analyzer, Digital recording equipment, Over the air keying equipment (Key management facility) Site controllers
Must be qualified to install LMR base stations, repeaters and mobile radios. Must have LMR shop operations and management experience in a large-scale LMR shop and be familiar with equipment tracking databases
Candidate must have a valid U.S. Passport that will not expire with 7 months from hire date.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Field Services
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.