Leidos is seeking a C4I Data Processing and Display (DP&D) / Network Engineer with comprehensive knowledge in developing, installing, testing and maintaining data processing and display equipment for large scale Command and Control Air Defense Systems to support the Royal Saudi Air Force (RSAF) in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. The C4I Data Processing and Display (DP&D) / Network Engineer will be part of the Contractor Engineering and Technical Support team in support of a U.S. Air Force Foreign Military Sales (FMS) program to the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. This is a one-year assignment with option to renew. Assignment location may be one of seven locations in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia per the Performance Work Statement.
The C4I Data Processing and Display (DP&D) / Network Engineer shall perform work that applies a broad theoretical and practical knowledge of DP&D engineering to include, but not limited to, the following:
Supports the RSAF Officer-in-Charge by:
- Actively advising and assisting in all aspects of his specialty.
- Continuously monitoring of all RSAF training in his specialty and recommending improvements.
- Training RSAF Engineering Officers and Warrant Officers in practical and theory.
- Producing adequate engineering training material in his specialty.
- Performing intermediate level maintenance and repair actions.
- Providing support and advice to the RSAF for maintaining the data processing and display system.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science.
- Seven (7) years’ experience in developing, installing, testing and maintaining data processing and display equipment for a large-scale Command and Control Air Defense System.
- Experience or knowledge on the following data processing and display equipment:
- DEC or VAX or MicroVAX Computer series hardware, VMS/Rdb, and UNIX or equivalent hardware and software.
- Local and Wide area network systems.
- Large screen display assemblies and picture management, systems for real-time radar systems.
- Alert and Warning Display Systems (AWDS) displays and drivers.
- Multi-purpose consoles.
- IBM Person Computers (or compatibles) MacIntosh computers, and associated peripherals.
- Five (5) years with Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) is required or three (3) years’ experience in developing and/or supporting the current data processing and display system.
Must be able to demonstrate past examples of cultural adaptability and ability to establish a trusted professional relationship with an international customer.
Arabic language proficiency.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Administration
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.